1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GOD DID IT

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mark Osgatharp, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I think we are in agreement. I do not think that the two ideas are incompatable. He is absolute goodness and morality and as a result of that statement being true then I can also count on the fact that what He does is, by definition, right.

I don't hink I am saying anything that is outside of orthodox teaching. If I am then let me know. I have been know to phrase things poorly at times. :D

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I think this was one of those times! [​IMG]

3. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Wonder what Rev 4-19 has to do with this discussion??

But God often judges by His mercy. Sin left unjudged might bring 10-fold more punishment. So God is actually MERCIFUL in judging (or killing) to LESSEN the coming eternal judgment.

I'm actually preaching on this subject as I progress thru Romans.

"But because of your lack of repentance now, you are amassing greater wrath in the coming day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, Who will render to every man according to his works."

If God takes the life of an unregenerate sinner at age 20, He is MERCIFUL. That person could live and sin and amass greater eternal judgment (there are degrees of punishment in hades/hell) for 60 more years.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Dr. Bob.
    My post was in reply to this from your first post:

And if you would go back and read again my first post here you will see that I am in agreement with you about the mercy aspect, and that I even noted the same passage from Romans 2 concerning wrath.