1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"God exists to bless man"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J.D., Mar 5, 2006.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The following statements were made by Adrian Rogers (tape replay), on his television program "Love Worth Finding", Trinity Broadcasting Network, channel 18 on the Comcast Sourth Jersey system, on Sunday, 5 March 06, approx 12:50 p.m.

(1) "God exists to bless you".

(2) "Your decision determines destiny".

Mr. Rogers is to be admired for his many good works of faith during his life on earth. But did he really intend to say those things? Do they make sense to you?

J.D.

http://arminiansayings.blogspot.com/

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I watched the sermon on tv today. As usual Adrian Rodgers blessed my socks off [​IMG] . The statement(s) you referenced did catch my attention. I have to assume that he mis-spoke since Rodgers was solid on most of His theology. He understood that God's existance was not for the sole purpose of blessing man. However God does want to bless people and I think that is one of God's purposes. So I understand what Rodgers meant to say even if he said it in a bad way. I hear alot of preachers mis-speak in their sermons. Once you get to know a preacher it becomes easier to hear them mis-speak because you hear them say something you know they don't really believe (the way they said it).

Martin.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Rogers was off in a number of areas . You should hear him on Romans 9 ! James White played his sermons on that part of Scripture . It was hard to keep track of his many errors .

On the plus-side A.R. had a wonderful voice .

5. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

No, we exist to worship God and ask for HIS leading, whether by his word or by his spirit. It is NOT my will, but thy will that must be done.

It is true that man is totally free to choose whether to do good or evil, but God takes into account all our actions and we must answer for those decisions someday at the judgment after this life.

Does God want to bless us.Certainly, but God also sees the tragedies that life can also befall us, such as automobile accidents, sickness, loss of loved ones by death, loss of home and property by storms etc. All these we will encounter to some extent as we travel through this life. So God blesses us, but he also allows us to suffer heartache as well. Why? Because we live in an imperfect world and dying society. So being IN this type of world we are affected by it's effects. But this does not mean God does not love us through it. But rather that we must endure all things and know that in the end God has something much better for us yet ahead.

6. Saint

Saint New Member

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaamen, brother!!!!!!!

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Perhaps he(Dr. Rogers) was referenceing what God told Abraham in Genesis 12:2 & 3, "I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you . . ." and again in Genesis 22:18, "all nations on earth will be blessed because you have obeyed Me."

God does exist to bless men---but the order in which God blesses is hinged on the degree in which we obey!! God refuses to bless when we refuse to obey!!!

8. standingfirminChrist