1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Gave Them Over

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ps. 81:12 So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices .

Acts 7:42 But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the sun, moon and stars .

Acts 14:16 In the past , He let all the nations go their own way .

Ro. 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts ...

Ro. 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over ...

Ro. 1:28 Futhermore , just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God , so God gave them over to a depraved mind .

2. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

The point you are making is...

3. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He likes to create a plethora of topics with a list of verses and let everyone infer the soapbox. ;)

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well , among other things -- God doesn't give everyone an " equal chance at salvation " . Millions of folks have lived outside the voice of the Gospel or a copy of the Scriptures .

Secondly ,it is His choice , because He is all-wise -- that some do not hear the message of salvation .

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are those who hear the gospel message among the atheists, communists and Muslims. They are all without excuse.

6. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

While everyone may not have an equal chance at salvation, all have a sufficient awareness of His diety and godhead through creation. Not sufficient for salvation, but more than ample for a just condemnation on the basis of their response to what light they did get!

7. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

While everyone may not have an equal chance at salvation, all have a sufficient awareness of His diety and godhead through creation. Not sufficient for salvation, but more than ample for a just condemnation on the basis of their response to what light they did get!

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rjprince , you are double-right !

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where does it say this in the Bible? How was Saul (Paul) saved? Who proclaims the Gospel in Revelation 14:6? The Gospel in the heavens? The myth that if man doesn't spread the Gospel, it doesn't get spread, puts salvation solely on the shoulders of man. My God is greater than that. I believe in the fair, just God mentioned throughout Scripture. I believe everyone will have the same opportunity, as if they don't, that's unconditional election and making God a respector of persons.

10. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    rjprince & Rippon;

Let us not forget the "law of consicence" or the knowledge of the Moral Law written within all of us.

Guilt of breaking God's Law is grand, but it can never do anything more than but bring us into condemnation.

sdg!

rd

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

God gave them over because they were refusing to see the truth. God gave them over after they had reacted a certain way. Note the words "therefore" and "because of this" in what you quoted.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

True words, but we need to be careful how we apply that. I submit that there are many atheists, communists and Muslims who have hears about the gospel message, but have not heard the gospel message. Huge difference. Simply hearing snippets of sermons and bible verses here and there is by no means equivalent to hearing the Gospel. I submit that this is just an excuse used my many to say "oh well, we shared the Gospel and they didn't hear it, so it's their loss". No, friends, we must share the Gospel continuously and without end. And not just with our words, but more often, with out deeds. Deeds often share 100 times the gospel that words do.

Okay, now that I'm done with my soapbox... Suffice it to say that there aren't as many people who have truly heard the Gospel than we think there are. If someone has heard the Gospel and rejected it, then that person is without excuse. If a person has only heard snippets here and there, but not heard the whole Gospel, and therefore not have the opportunity to accept it, then it is we, not they, who are without excuse.