1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God-given revival needed, NOT new politicians

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Hermeneut7, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Hermeneut7

Hermeneut7 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God spoke of judgment to his ancient people, Israel. Can we not see the same situations now in our land and maybe in our own hearts?

Isaiah 3:1-4 We have lost our leadership, no Washingtons, Madisons, Jeffersons are to be found in our day. We have "boys" and "babes" trying to rule and jockey for power.

3:5 We have oppression of every type. Politicians lie and cheat, bankers steal and are not in jail. Youth and baser types are insolent to what honorable ones that can be found. Leeches feed off those who work and produce.

3:6-8 We have no godly leaders and we seem to seek in vain, yet we are the people (of, by, for) so it us to blame.

3:9-12 We have become like Sodom(check Eze.16:48-50).. proclaiming sin and not even hiding it. Children oppress the elder and women rule the land more and more.

I feel so convicted as being a part of this mess because as a child of God my life should shine among the darkness. I am in such need of prayer and revival from the Holy spirit. Two passages seem appropriate for me, maybe others as well.

"This is my prayer: I know your reputation, LORD, and I am amazed at what you have done. Please turn from your anger and be merciful; do for us what you did for our ancestors." (Hab 3:1-2 CEV)

"Our holy God lives forever in the highest heavens, and this is what he says: Though I live high above in the holy place, I am here to help those who are humble and depend only on me. My people, I won't stay angry and keep on accusing you. After all, I am your Creator. I don't want you to give up in complete despair." (Isa 57:15-16 CEV)