1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God got even

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by windcatcher, Mar 23, 2010.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

A pastor who was a golfing enthusiast, had been longing for good weather, sun-shine and a day off to play golf. But, alas, when the weather changed to mild and the days were beautiful, he either had appointments or preaching to do.
    Finally, hearing that the weather would be a perfect golf day on one Sunday, he called around until he found a preacher willing to fill in for him so he could take the Sunday morning off.

He then drove an extra 60 miles where he hoped he wouldn't be recognized to a golf course where he prepared to tee off.
    Up in the public stands was one lone person watching the greens and enjoying the sun shine: He recognized the preacher as a man who should be preaching instead of playing golf, and talked out loud to God. "God," says he "that preacher is playing hookey from your work to play golf. You gonna let 'im get away with that?" God said 'wait and see.'

The man watched the preacher as he made the perfect approach and addressed the ball, hitting it 230 yards with the first swing and making a hole in one.
    "God, I thought you weren't gonna let 'im get away with that. Now look at what he just did!"
    And........

God said

"I know. He didn't get away with anything!"

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, who will he tell first! ? :tonofbricks:

3. fixit3546

fixit3546 New Member

A perfect shot, that no one will ever know about. ....

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I'm surprised no one called me on this one...... the length of the shot (shows how little I know of golf...hey hey).
    The yards he hit was supposed to be 430 for that hole in one!

5. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Still better than mine. My "Tee shot" is about 20 yards . . . if I can get it through the windmill. :laugh: