1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God help us

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm still confused as to why they would remove the ban knowing full well that it would introduce all sorts of confusion about where the organization stands on the issue.

It's like The Billy Graham Organization taking down Mormonism as a cult but not ever really saying whether or not they still believed Mormonism to be a cult.

If you have a conviction about something, why open the door for confusion about your stance?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still stand behind your premise?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just wondering if any one else here thinks that the Lord might just be allowing this open pervision to come inti mainstream society due to the church by a large fashion has become open in OK active Homosexual lifestyles, even ordaining practicing pastors?

4. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

God allows everyone the freedom to follow their own inclinations.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But when his people compromise with the culture, he judges them, see Judges in OT!

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Yep....and Isaiah.

7. North Carolina Tentmaker

Wow, I wrote a tome? Cool, even if it was considered short sighted or wrong by some. Here is some more for you big readers.

I cannot see Rom 1 as a progression. "disobediant to parents" appears in between murder and "without natural affections." It is a simple listing of unrighteous acts, all of which make us unworthy of salvation.

If we are going to look at lists I think I Cor 6 gives us a better one:

(9-10) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Of course the good part comes in verse 11

(11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Pretty clear to me that the church in Corinth included former homosexuals.

It is also clear that any of these sins will keep us from God. With that in mind I agree with Zack's premise whether it applies to pedophiles, rapists or necrophilia as Aaron so repetitiously put it.

I think the easiest sins for us to condemn in others are those sins to which we have never been tempted. Then like the Pharisee in Luke 18:11 we can pray and thank God that,
    Were Christ to come today as he did then, I believe he would first minister to the outcasts. Like he went first to the leapers and prostitutes of biblical times I believe he would go first to the homosexuals, to those with aids, to those that we modern day pharisees have cast out of our churches deeming them unworthy of grace that we foolishly belive is ours by some royal birthrite or act of merit.

When we begin to understand that we are no better than those pedophiles rapists and necrophiliacs that is when I believe we can start to understand the nature of God's grace.

Now does that also qualify as a tome?

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Could be that God has said the same thing about the churches in this country that he said to the Northern Tribes: Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone. [Hosea 4:17]

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. Even more so. All you've done is show that what those guys say is correct. You and others make it very difficult to show these folks that they too can be saved no matter WHAT they have done.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I do believe, as I've said before, that everything that is taking place is taking place because of the Church's unrepentance.

The Holy Spirit, the restraining force of the Anti-Christ and I believe for evil period, is being stifled by Christian unrepentance. And the result? Evil is having a field day and spreading quicker and more blatantly than I'm sure many ever imagined.

You've had the leader of the free world throwing his yes behind gay marriage and so many other churches doing the same.

You've had the church UNREPENTANTLY throwing its support behind a man who is against Jesus Christ.

You've had the church not repenting about so much that the power of the Holy Spirit is allowing evil to flourish.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a novice.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause: I believe this is so true. I have met former drug addicted young men who are now on fire for Christ and are willing to go wherever He says go and do whatever He says to do because they know that if Christ can save them or rescue them from what they were in, that He's worthy of the praise and can do ANYTHING.

I see the very people that society wants to stigmatize rising up to be the ones that God is using mightily in these last days just as He did during His earthly ministry.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can call me what you wish. But I know, because I've seen it first hand time and time again, what GOD can do with these folks once they get past the devil's lie that their sin is the worst and vilest of all sins.

So novice I may be. But I'm not letting anyone go to hell just because prideful men want to place a stigma on their sin while rejecting the same stigma for their own.

14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You must be a member of the clique. :smilewinkgrin:

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

By church, do you mean His Church, or the more secular one?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More like the so called religious Left!

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you,

ordinary fornication? natural fornication? no . . .

and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles

What was Paul's point here? (This ought to be good.)

18. North Carolina Tentmaker

I know we got a bit off topic here, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that the Boy Scouts of America National Council has NOT yet lifted the ban on homosexual leaders. All they have done is decided to talk about it. I got an email from Randy Boyd the National Council President (not like I know him personally, I am sure all scoutmasters got it). It says in part:

So just to be clear, no decision has been made yet and if you have an opinion on the issue there is an opportunity to be heard. I think this is a terrible idea and will let them know that. We will see what happens.

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Nothing but nonsense!

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Paul's point was what he says on the page.:thumbsup:

It's obvious that you have a slate of sins that you think deserve to be stigmatized more than your own. Praise God that HE is just even when men aren't.