1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God is Good not Evil

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by utilyan, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Letting evil get its hands on the kingdom is nothing compared to letting them torture and kill Jesus Christ.

So God doesn't agree with your way at all. God is perfectly in sovereignty just not when you disagree and are denied your license to sin.

You deny basic Christianity. The arms of Christ are open to all.
    God let his son die for all.

Matthew 5
    38“You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ 39“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40“If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41“Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42“Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.
    43“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ 44“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46“For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47“If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Your interpretation of God is so evil I challenge you to show me something WORST!

I can name billions of worst things you can't even conceive one thing.

You ARE ashamed of your idea of God you prove it in every post. You can't even name one thing worst then your idea God.

I challenge any Calvinist to show me something worst then their God.

I challenge any Calvinist to say that when Jesus said "forgive them father they know not what they do" to claim that was a noble act.

That when Stephen said "don't hold their sins against them" what he did was saintly.

That when Paul said he was willing to go to hell for reprobates that is a attitude to be shared by all Christians.

#1 utilyan, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Excellent rant with no biblical support.

I especially enjoy how you say God is sovereign and then say the opposite by claiming "God let them" as though it was a free for all. You really need to get clue as to what the word "sovereign" means.

"Not my will, but yours be done."

"Do you think I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?

I am beginning to pity you, utilyan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

John 18:36 "My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews"

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Jesus did not call twelve legions because His kingdom is build on agape, not self-seeking and conquest, what the Bible terms "the world"

4. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Get over yourself....

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does your God owe salvation to al sinners? is He waiting on man to freely respond to Him?.
    Does God being soveregn bother you, as yo think its not fair some are lost?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ...and pity you as well...

The persons claiming to be in control are you and utilyan, not myself, Yeshua1 and others.

• Like Like x 1
  7. utilyan

Site Supporter

I gave a real easy challenge. One that any Christian would JOYFULLY take. EASILY WIN.

Calvinist however are stumped!

Here's the challenge again:

Your interpretation of God is so evil I challenge you to show me something WORST!

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

Let me flip this around and ask all non-Calvinist

Maybe AndThisGospel,

Your interpretation of God is so evil I challenge you to show me something WORST.

9. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

"God is love"

In fact let give a challenge to all. Show me one place, in the NT, where Jesus hurt anyone.

Jesus said, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father."

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul stated that at Jesus second coming, God will have angels punish those who rejected Jesus...

Jesus himself pronounced woe upon those who rejected Him as Messiah, and He did commad Israel to kill many in the OT, correct?

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The first part of your statement is not a challenge, it's a false statement based upon your faulty assumptions about your own goodness.

To show you something worse, I tell you to look in the mirror and face your false assumptions.

Let's review your false assumptions.

You assume humans are good by nature.

You assume as good humans that God owes you salvation.

You assume that God should overlook any sin in your life.

You assume that God will ignore all your sin.

You assume that all humans are already in God's kingdom when they are born into this earth.

You assume that you joyfully run to God with no concerns about your sins because God ignores them.

You assume that the only way a human leaves the kingdom of God is by willfully opening the gates to the kingdom and running gleefully into the darkness. Only those who have willfully left the kingdom will suffer God's wrath.

You assume all of this with no shred of biblical proof.

So, there you go, I've just shown you what is...as you put it...WORST.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the "gospel" of rome and of those holdin to real free will, that God is weak and impotent!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

God's wrath is passive....Is that weak? You want a god, like the god of this world. Perhaps you are getting them confused?

14. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God's wrath is not passive at all.

God's wrath fell on Jesus for the sins of his adopted children. God's wrath falls on every sinner who remains reprobate and casts them into hell.

You mistake God's timing for passivity. That's your mistake.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 2:15.
    You might also consider Matthew 25:41 and Revelation 14:15 & 19:15.
    'And [they] said to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb"' (Revelation 6:16).

It is true that God is love, but that is not all He is. He is Holy, which means He can have no fellowship with sin. He is also Just, which means that He must punish sin. Praise God for the Lord Jesus Christ, and for Particular Redemption and Irresistible Grace without which no one could ever be saved!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

You say that God's grace is "irresistible", yet the Bible states some will be lost. Since the foundation you have constructed is faulty, then you have to generate another lie that states because some will be lost God didn't actually redeem the human race "in Christ", but only the "elect" - a special group that God loves, while loathing all others. This heresy is called "limited atonement", but Paul would call it "another gospel".

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

You've provided no biblical evidence. Your also lying misrepresenting beliefs I don't hold.

I believe God is source of all good things, Mankind absolutely depends on God for salvation.

The difference is how its provided. It would be a sin on my part to presume God is ignorant and evil.

You call God an idiot by insisting he can only win a card game by picking a losing hand for you.

In short you say God is to DUMB to make free will beings.

Your always giving excuses and blaming God for sinning on account of "sin nature" rather then repenting taking responsibility and plainly stating its your fault.

I've given a simple challenge to which any Christian it would be joy to answer.

And you could not think of any other interpretation of God worst then your own.

I gave you statements of Jesus, Stephen and Paul and you can't even say amen to them.

Why? Because it goes against the Pharisee agenda of being chosen with a license to sin.

Seriously ashamed to say amen to what Jesus, Stephen and Paul say.

I've even had Calvinist rip out the words and claim Jesus never said forgive them they know not what they do.

Google it . Calvinist don't like Jesus forgiving reprobates. They deny he said forgive them they know not what they do.

19. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The problem is that none of what you juat said is related to the goodness of God. Everything you have said is a rant about me.

I have provided scripture showing why God is good in lovingly choosing sinners to redeem. Yet, you outright reject them.

20. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does not love, He is love. He is love. Ppl easily hold to this. But when we say God hates sinners[Psalms 5:5 & Proverbs 6:16], they mitigate hate by saying those verses are 'poetic language' and He doesn't really hate. If that is the case, then we can say God does not really love, as love is really 'poetic language', too.

You have blessed my soul with your posts, my Brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.