1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GOD is not dead....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Mar 25, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so, there's a thread about the stupid film Noah, has anyone seen the film "God Is Not Dead" yet ?
    what's your take ?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My daughters saw it and said it was good but the arguments the young man used against the professor were definitely arguments a college freshman would use. However, they were effective against the professor - which in reality wouldn't happen because the arguments were not really that solid. Both my girls said that they hope this isn't looked at as a "How to stump an atheist" - and then they get slammed when they use the arguments!!

But they said it was enjoyable none-the-less.

3. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A former atheist says what will stump an atheist is when you ask him/her where life originates because the rule of bio-genesis is that life proceeds from life.
    then I remember an illustration about a Russian student who was a believer who stood up against his professor who demanded that he illustrate the existence of soul in man.
    so the student took a chair, spat on it, kicked it around, picked it up and threw it on the floor, and hurled insults at it. he told the professor the chair does not respond to aggravation because it had no soul.
    then he walked up to the professor and slapped the professor, who, of course, pushed him hard and threatened to report him to the dean.
    see ? you have a soul, professor.
    lol.
    not very good illustration about the existence of a soul, but I guess there's some point to it.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm reading Cold Case Christianity right now and it is written by a detective who was an atheist but came to Christ. So far, it is really interesting! The evidence is overwhelming.

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    a detective ! now, that's gonna be interesting. next to those in actual battle, the profession that can harden one's heart and sensitivities would be detective work, especially homicide investigation because you see the evidence of inhumanity in man right there before you.
    is that the title ?
    I'll look it up in amazon.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - That's the title. He's a homicide detective that specializes in cold cases. :) He approached Jesus and His claims as if it were a cold case and it's been really interesting so far! I got it for free on Kindle but I believe it's just $3.99 right now on Kindle so not too bad!

7. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Saw it Sunday. It was ok. Not a theologically deep movie, which is somewhat strange considering the topic. It is more of a pep talk for believers that are fearful of sharing their faith rather than a get people saved type movie.

It was surprisingly well acted as well. Be honest, most Christian movies are hard to watch because the acting and production values are awful. This was a pretty good movie from all points.

If you just want to watch a movie you can relate too without having to worry about what awfulness is going to pop up then this is a great movie to go see. If you are looking for it to be an evangelizing tool for saving the planet, you are going to be disappointed. I also don't recall anything that really jumped out at me and made me think, "That's not what the Bible says..."