1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God knows us before We are Born Therefore He Predestines By that Forknowledge: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SovereignGrace, Jan 22, 2016.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The Pastor I grew up I under called it Pauline, as following Paul's teaching on predestination by foreknowledge, unlimited atonement, election is of course based on God's foreknowledge and we are eternally secure. This not holding to all the tenants of either camp and following scripture as Paul laid it out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumping...

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. It seems that on this issue your position is identical to Picirilli's view, so if I lapse into arguing against his explanations please correct me if I misrepresent yours (although I disagree with Picirilli, I respect his view and appreciate his explanation). From what you post here, it seems that we would agree in that predestination is based on God's foreknowledge. The difference is probably how we define "foreknowledge" (i.e., pre-knowledge and cognitive vs. relational and intimate).

I believe foreknowledge is relational. It includes a sense that God loved and entered into a relationship with people before he predestined them. In this way, God predestined those whom he foreknew. The Potter has this love for the vessels before he plans, creates, and destines them as vessels of mercy.

#23 JonC, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

So you have continued the errors of your pastor reading things into Scripture that are not there, and you don't even blink and eye or tremble at mishandling the Word of God.

Finney would have done the same. You can call the tail on a dog a leg but it still has...

#24 Internet Theologian, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three legs? o_O AlienCautious:eek:Thumbsdown

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What?

7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the ending of IT's previous posting and you'll get it. I hope..

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I get it. (I don't see IT's posts....but I peeked this time...and yes, that was funny).

• Like Like x 1