1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God knows us before We are Born Therefore He Predestines By that Forknowledge

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by revmwc, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

However based upon Paul stating that God through His foreknowledge Predestinated us, that is because He knew us as He knew Jeremiah, what did He know EVERYTHING about us.

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Yes.

Yes.

Nope. God always does this according to His own purpose, grace, and will and what He will do through the man, not what a man will choose to do for God.

Nope, you're off track reading things into Scripture again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You say nope but no answer on what God KNEW beforehand about Jeremiah

4. Internet Theologian

Yes, we have already agreed God knows all things. That truth does not combine with what you add to it below.

Scripture does not teach the above, you're adding it to Scripture. By your error above you make salvation a reward for behavior.

Yes, but your other argument is non sequitur. Ending with some truth does not validate your previous departure from truth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Internet Theologian

We've already established He knows everything about all things. I am saying this again for the record as it seems your bone of contention. It also comes across as somewhat duplicitous on your part as if I've not agreed to this truth. Then you make pretense that somehow this proves your allegation that is not in Scripture that God chooses based upon condition. He does not.

• Like Like x 1
  6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

If and you agree God knows Everything that includes our choices Paul states that God Predestinated us based on what HE knew beforehand, correct? What did He Predestinate us too is the question? Well we see to be conformed to the image of Christ and to adoption. All based on what He knew beforehand.

7. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Hi again brother revmwc,

Romans 8 does not say God predestinated us "based" on His foreknowledge, it says, "29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate ". Layman translation- those whom he foreknew were also predestinated, it says nothing about the predestination being "based" upon the foreknowledge, only that He did both, you are reading your doctrine into the text and making an extrapolation beyond what the verse says , rather than taking the text for what is says. Also, notice the next verse says, "and whom he called, them he also justified:", if we apply your same logic to the next verse we would have to conclude he justified those based on Him calling them just because the "called" precedes the words "justified" in the verse, but we know we are legally justified by His blood not the calling and experimentally justified by faith alone, not God's calling, thus your interpretation of the passage does not hold when looked at in context by the surrounding verses.

Now, what about John the Baptist, how did he get the Holy Ghost from his mother's womb if it was not by divine regeneration as he could not have heard or had faith in the gospel while in the womb? Now, I will ask one final time, are you going to offer a rebuttal to my posts 129-131, if not I will take it either you disagree with them but can't rebuttal them or you are in agreement. I know posting on the board can be time consuming, thus if you need a few days that is fine.

God bless,

Brother Joe

• Like Like x 1
  8. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I am on my phone and not enough time to go and dig to get them answered

9. BrotherJoseph

Your teaching has God predestinating based on foreknowledge of the will of man and man's choices, but per scripture predestination is based on God's will, " according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11). This verse plainly declares everything that happens is worked according to God's own will, not the will of man. God's will is the first cause of all causes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Internet Theologian

You're preaching a works gospel and can't see it. Nothing within Scripture teaches what you are saying brother. You're saying in essence that God decreed 'I will save these people if they choose me, so let me see who will, then I will reward them with salvation'. This is your logical and theological fallacy. None can believe without God first doing a work of grace. You leave room for boasting, when it is excluded, note Romans 3:27.

Salvation is 100% of God, not 99.99999% God and .000001% man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Is it God's will for all mankind to be saved according to Peter? Is it God's will that all come to repentance? Is it God's will and plan for mankind to call upon His name for salvation (Rom. 10:13) and too is it His will for mankind to believe? If all this is true, then if we believe and call based upon His will why is it so hard to see that He knows beforehand who follow His will and therefore Predestinate us based on that foreknowledge?

12. BrotherJoseph

Hi Brother Rev,

You have not answered my posts 129-131 and also post 147 despite my multiple requests. In a debate, it is not a one way street in which one person asks all the questions and the other person answers them all and does not get any of their questions answered. If you wish to continue this discussion/debate, please be so courteous to go back and answer all four of those posts I wrote to you, then I will be more than happy to answer each and every question you posted above like I have all your other questions. If you do not answer my four posts I will not continue a one sided debate.

God bless,

Brother Joe

• Like Like x 1
  13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I told you I am not where I can answer you with a detailed answer

14. BrotherJoseph

Sorry, you subsequently posted to me in post 151 with questions for me (this was after you said you were on the phone), thus I assumed you were now freed up. Take your time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    mwc, what you are advocating is teetering on open theism. Why do I say this? You are saying God looked to see who had faith and who would accept, and predestined them accordingly. That appears to show gaining knowledge of something He did not have at first.

God knew each and every one who would accept Him via faith because He chose them before the creation of the world.[Eph. 1:4]

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.