1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God, new and improved

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Jefferson, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Jefferson

Jefferson New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don:
    Folks, be not deceived.

Jefferson is a staunch support of Bob Enyart and ShadowGov. . . .

Personally, I think it's somewhat deceitful of Jefferson to simply come to this board, . . . to advertise the website . . .
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Christian TV show having higher Nielson ratings than one of the Big 3 major netorks it's going head to head against is simply unheard of. Yet Bob Enyart's show accomplished that unheard of feat. Since I would be very thankful if someone told me about this incredible Christian show, I am therefore "doing unto others as I would have them do unto me."

Therefore, if anyone wants to listen to this record breaking Christian talk-show that has now moved to the internet, you can listen to it at http://www.kgov.com

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jefferson, can you clear something up, please?

From your post on page 1 of this thread, you indicated that you're a Baptist by stating that you attend a Baptist church; yet, in the "What is your church doing?" thread (under Current Events), you unequivocally stated that you are not a member of that church, nor do you have any intention of ever being a member.

So the question seems to still remain: Are you a Baptist, or do you just attend a Baptist church?

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: Don ]

3. SueLyn

SueLyn New Member

I always check at this web site to see if the e-mails I recieve have any truth to them.
    This link should take you to the article of the face in smoke picture.

Urban Legends and Folklore

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Jefferson

Jefferson New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don:
    Jefferson, . . . Are you a Baptist, or do you just attend a Baptist church?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just attend a Baptist church. But out of all the denominations available to me to attend, I chose this Baptist one because the I.F. Baptists are the closest to what I believe.

Those issues that I disagree with them on, I just don't talk about. I find I.F. Baptists to be the quickest to doubt someone's salvation when disagreement on minor grey areas are discovered and I have no desire to make waves in another man's church. I find that many I.F. Baptists read only other I.F. Baptist authors and listen to only I.F. Baptist pastors on the radio or on tape. I call that "the independent fundamentalist Baptist attitude." There is just no way I could live like that. There are so many terrific Bible teachers out there with unique perspectives and fresh insight into the scriptures that I would go crazy with boredom if I ignored them.

But I attend an I.F.B. church because they have other attitudes that I value highly that I don't find in other denominations. For example, no other denomination preaches against sin harder than the I.F.B.'ers. They name sin by specific name not just vague generalities. When I go to church on Sunday I want to get my toes stepped on and my conscience convicted. I have found that happens more often to me in an I.F.B. church than in any other denomination.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Jefferson: Please explain something to me.

Why did I apologize to you?

I stated that you didn't profess to be a Baptist; you stated that I was incorrect, and that you attended a Baptist church. I apologized, because I thought by your statement you were claiming to be a baptist. Now you admit that you're not a baptist, you just identify with some independent fundamental baptist beliefs.

You know, the last time I had a blow-out with the ShadowGov people, it was with KZ, who pulled a similar stunt.

I don't appreciate making a truthful statement, being told it was incorrect, and then later having the person publicly admit that I was correct in the first place.

Now I ask, Jefferson: Don't pull a KZ on me and edit your posts in some lame attempt to cover up what you've posted. Please explain your position: If you're not a baptist, why did you imply that you were?

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: Don ]

7. Jefferson

Jefferson New Member

Don:

In my post of September 29th I clearly stated, "I attend Victory Baptist Church of Anderson, Indiana."

Out of all the various denominations from which I could choose to attend, I choose to attend an Independent, fundamentalist, Baptist church. I guess that doesn't technically make me a Baptist, but it makes me a Baptist more than any other denomination you could name. Do I "profess" to be a Baptist? My answer is I profess to be a Christian who's beliefs resemble the Baptist denomination more than any other denomination I can think of.

I don't follow how that was supposed to be so deceiving of me.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because it's a relatively simple question, Jefferson. You've just made it harder than it is.

Please understand: Attending a Baptist church doesn't make you a Baptist any more than attending a Catholic church makes you a Catholic, or attending a mosque makes you a Muslim.

Professing to be a Baptist doesn't make you a Christian any more than professing to be a Christian makes you a Baptist. You CAN be a Baptist AND a Christian.

So the question really is, why did you imply that you were a Baptist? THAT'S where you were deceitful, Jefferson; you weren't being straight up with us. And if you're not going to be honest about something as simple as your denominational affiliation, what else are you not being honest with us about?

As I recall, neither Jesus nor Peter nor Paul felt the need to "hide" anything...they proclaimed the truth loud and clear for all to hear, and if people didn't like it, oh well...something I've seen you hint at before, Jefferson, and that I know you believe in...so why would you do something that puts your integrity in question?

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Don ]

9. Chet

Chet New Member

Sorry to interrupt but I wanted to insert that most of the articles on the websight Theologyonline are terrible to say the least. And that Bob Enyart also has some very distorted views on Theology. I would warn anyone who reads or listens to any of these teachings to beware.

Thanks Don for your insights.

Chet

10. Jefferson

Jefferson New Member

Don:

You stated:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Personally, I think it's somewhat deceitful of Jefferson to simply come to this board, knowing full well that he doesn't profess to be a baptist<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I replied:

"Incorrect. I attend Victory Baptist Church of Anderson, Indiana."

Perhaps I should have replied

"Half-Incorrect. I attend Victory Baptist Church of Anderson, Indiana."

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll consider that a half-apology. Accepted (fully). Carry on.

[​IMG]