1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God, You Are My God

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Speedpass, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a question about the new 'duet' version of this song featuring Rich Mullins and Bebo Norman:
    Since Mullins went home to be with the Lord in 1997, how did they record this song? Did they edit certain portions of the original Mullins version and remixed it with Norman's lyrics?????

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think that's exactly how they did it. Very nice version of the song.

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Speedpass, I have never heard the song (original or the new one) but most likely that is what they did in having Rich Mullins on the recording. It's an amazing process. Greater Vision did the same thing a couple of years ago on their "Quartets" album. GV wanted to do songs with great bass singers who are living and with those who have gone on to Heaven. They simply took old recordings of the bass singers and blended the tracks.

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

This was also done a few years ago in the secular music world when Natalie Cole was able to sing "duets" with her father Nat King Cole using some of her fathers wonderful, and now classic, songs. (He of course died decades earlier.)

I've never heard her talk about that, but it must have been an exceedingly emotional and meaningful session for her.

Mike