1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's Grace

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by jim62, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jim62

jim62 New Member

When I was 20 months old my father killed my mother, she died at age 21 in 1964. My mothers, mom took me and did the best she could being a alcoholic. I was abused alot as a child. I quit school 9th grade, got a job at a clothing factory,in south NJ. That's were I met a sweet lady, that for 3 months tryed telling me about Jesus. And for 3 months, I put her off, till one day I got to work, and just like other days, she talked about Jesus, but this time her words HIT me.
    And at the age of 18 I came to know Christ as my saviour, that was 24 years ago. most of my family is with the Lord, I know, I told them about Jesus and they took him by faith, and the finished work, of what he did on the cross.
    Today I have a prison ministry, mostly death row, and them doing life. I started the ministry after having my little girl that had 8 brain surgerys starting at age 5 months, now shes 7 years old and doing great. This is just a small part of what God has blessed me through. Thank you Lord!

2. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Brother.

Thank you for the wonderful testimony. God is truly great. May His strength and grace keep you.

In Christ,

Brooks

3. baptistk

baptistk New Member

Beautiful testimony, God is so good!

4. jim62

jim62 New Member

Now you can see that I have alot to be thankful for, people ask me why I'm not bitter, for all the things that has happened to me, don't get me wrong I lost a lot of years through the bottle trying to forget my pass. The two time that was the hardes was "Mothers day, and my mom's birthday, but the Lord has always had his hand on me. And I thank him and Praise him for it.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Great to hear how God is using your struggles with the past to His glory and honor.

6. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

There isn't a soul alive that does not need to hear that testimony. That one says it all.

tim

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Thanks for sharing, God's Grace is truly amazing!

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Did not know that about you. God is better to us than we deserve, for certain sure! [​IMG]

9. jim62

jim62 New Member

Praise God I am now an "associate school" with Source of Light Ministries. Now I can get Bible Correspondence Courses, in to the inmate. God is so Great to us, thank you Lord.

The bible studies are free to all, but a cost to me, please pray that the Lord will provide, and to get this school up and running.