1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's Holiness

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Justified, Aug 3, 2002.

1. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Great summary Dr. Bob! ;)

2. Brett Valentine

Helen, that was wonderful. The picture that came to my mind is if we look at ourselves, the sin in us, and think of it's antithesis, that gives us an idea of what holiness is by looking at what it is not.

I started reading a great book which is a compilation of the writings of Andrew Murray ("Andrew Muray on Prayer"). In one of the chapters he speaks about our sanctification in Christ and how we can't make ourselves holy. We can only ask for God to make us Holy for we are not in and of ourselves. Living that out the past week, I've learned the best way to find out about God's holiness is to ask for it as He abides in us, and we are to abide in Him.

And so, in that light, I can say that God's Holiness is like a breath of fresh air and it is freedom and peace in the midst of the battle against temptation. The pressure to sin, even in my sleep, has grown fierce since I strted praying that prayer, and yet when I wake up, it fades like a dream. Not necessarily a quote from the Bible, sorry.

Brett