1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's judgement on a pastor!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bruren777, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Rachel

Rachel New Member

So true! I say that too.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luk 12:48 For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Hbr 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you.

3. buckster75

buckster75 Member

Charles Stanley

wasn't he divorced?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yes

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Yeah. So is God.

6. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Yeah. So is God. </font>[/QUOTE]Excuse me?

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Where is the believer's judgement described in the Bible?

8. Yes Charles Stanely is divorced. His wife left him. She suffered from mental problems I heard. So he never sinned. She left him and he hasn't remarried.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Where is the believer's judgement described in the Bible? </font>[/QUOTE]Psalm 50?

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not what the verse says. It simply says that one who teaches will be judged more strictly. It does not say that one who teaches will receive greater punishment or anything of the like. The context appears to imply that the one who teaches will be held accountable for what he teaches. That's all.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, there are many mansions. But scriptuer is clear that we will be judged according to our works. Scripture also says many times that there are things we do or don't do that make us not fit for the Kingdom. That doesn't mean we won't enter the kingdom, just that we'll be unfit according to some of the things we do.

12. Ok now I am confused

How are Christians Pastors or not going to be judged ?

The Bible only talks about loss of rewards. some people are making it sound like something worse is going to happen. Besides not appreciating Heaven to a greater extent and loss of rewards.

What else is going to be worse than that ?

13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Well, there are many mansions. But scriptuer is clear that we will be judged according to our works. Scripture also says many times that there are things we do or don't do that make us not fit for the Kingdom. That doesn't mean we won't enter the kingdom, just that we'll be unfit according to some of the things we do. </font>[/QUOTE]Matthew 5:20
    20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

14. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Where is the believer's judgement described in the Bible? </font>[/QUOTE]Psalm 50? </font>[/QUOTE]Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Psa 50:8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, [to have been] continually before me.
    Well, I've never heard this interpretation before but we still seem to be talking about works (burnt sacrifice).

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Where is the believer's judgement described in the Bible? </font>[/QUOTE]Psalm 50? </font>[/QUOTE]Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Psa 50:8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, [to have been] continually before me.
    Well, I've never heard this interpretation before but we still seem to be talking about works (burnt sacrifice).
    </font>[/QUOTE]Absolutely the believer will be judged for works. But the judgment seat of Christ is not the same as the great white throne, only believers who were not able to stand at the judgment seat will be found at the great white throne. Then they will have all their tears wiped away as they enter into eternity with the Lord and the rest of their brethren. The unbelievers will go into the lake of fire. The only way anyone can be reigning with Christ in the millennium is for them to have been judged worthy of receiving the crown, which will occur at the judgment seat.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

James_Newman, what do Matthew 5:20 and 7:21 have to do with my post?

As I said, scripture is clear that those who are saved will still be judged according to their works. Scripture also says many times that there are things we do or don't do that make us not fit for the Kingdom. That doesn't mean we won't enter the kingdom, just that we'll be unfit according to some of the things we do.

The verse of the OP does not say that one who teaches will receive greater punishment or anything of the like. It simply says that one who teaches will be judged more strictly. The context appears to imply that the one who teaches will be held accountable for what he teaches. That's all.

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Condemnation, judgment, whatever. If there are no consequences, your 'accountability' is nothing but idle threats.

Matthew 7:21
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This verse clearly states that entering the kingdom is conditioned upon doing the will of the Father. How do you get around this?

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uh, dude, there's a huge difference between judgement and condemnation. Condemnation is a form of judgement(or a result of judgement) but not all judgement is condemnation.

Who said anything about condemnation regarding accountability or consequences???
    Who said anything about entering the kingdom?

The verse of the OP does not say that one who teaches will receive greater punishment or anything of the like. It simply says that one who teaches will be judged more strictly. The context appears to imply that the one who teaches will be held accountable for what he teaches. That's all. Nothing about entering the kingdom, condemnation, nothing.

19. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Actually THE OP states:

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]But the bible verse of the OP does not say that one who teaches will receive greater punishment or anything of the like. It simply says that one who teaches will be judged more strictly. Big difference.

James 3:1, Let not many of you become teachers, my brethern, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgement.