1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Judgment Against the United States

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I essentially said the same thing yestiddy and had my hand slapped by a mod in the Politics forum. Guess I offended too many people.:laugh:

Yep:thumbsup: When the church is doing and promoting the same things as the devil, it's time to get us out the wa.

Instead of repenting and placing God back in His rightful place, the Church seems to be digging its heels in and deciding that it knows better than God.

Israel tried this already and the result wasn't pretty.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Asked this question of my pastor, recently. I didn't expect him to have the answer.

Are we in the final days, or is history repeating itself just as it did with the Hebrews over and over again? Are we in store for the same fate as Rome, Greece, England, France, Germany, Russia, etc. Who is going to emerge or re-emerge to have dominion over the land in the coming years, if God doesn't say He's had enough?

Is November the tipping point for the USA?

Much to think about as Indendance Day celebrations are getting into high gear? What will we celebrate next year on July 4th?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See present Europe, as they have forsaken the Lord, and have to some extent taken up Islam!

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Here in is the problem. The church needs to stop celebrating and start weeping and repenting. We have become too much like the world. :tear:

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN! AMEN! and AMEN!!!

It's the Church's compromising on EVERYTHING and making excuses for it that has this nation on the brink of destruction.

If MY people would humble themselves...But we're too busy with our own agendas for building our tomorrows and maintaining our little "place" in the politics of this country instead of repenting and placing Jesus back in His rightful place.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even after Romney wins I am reluctant to believe that he will shine forth as a conservative.
    He may well keep a few campaign promises but I believe he will prove to be a moderate at best.

I don't believe he will make a difference morally either although we will probably be treated
    to a Whitehouse visit every Christmas season by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

HankD

#26 HankD, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

We need to stop this idea that Mitt Romney is a conservative. He is not even a moderate. Mitt Romney is a liberal if you gage his policies from a constitutional stand point. Now if you examine him against the current President then he might make a moderate, but in truth he is a liberal from a political standpoint based on the constitution. His stand against Obama care is more of a political issue for electability rather then holding to a strong stand for the constitution as it was written. The job he is claiming that he will do is not possible. There is only one solution for our political woes and that has to come from the church, and that is to repent.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will close or move threads that devolve into politcal wrangling.

But lots of good points on "does God judge nations today". BTW, He does.

And He will judge Obama and Romney by His Son and the Gospel. I pray for both men daily, that they might be born again.

Now THAT would be a blessing to the nation!

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

HankD​

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I have felt for a long time that the harshest judgment God can bring upon people or a nation is to leave them alone.

I wonder sometimes if God is about to take the Restrainer out of the way.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What nations have been judged by God since the resurrection and how was judgment carried out?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What nations have NOT been judged by God? You've got no more Biblical reason to say that they haven't been judged than someone else has to say they have.

13. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Was the "good times" of the Roaring Twenties followed by the Great Depression just happenstance?

14. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spirit, The Holy, aka the Holy Spirit, who is the Comforter who immersed the first New Testament on the Day of Pentecost, is still in the churches. He is still leading in all Truth and convicting the world of sin, righteous and judgement to come. He is also calling the lost sheep back to the fold. Many churches so called do not have The Spirit, The Holy, the candlestick of the book of the Apocalypse. Their candlesticks, if they ever had one, have long since been removed.

The judgement of the world is already sealed. The corrupted nations will not survive. This world will melt with fervent heat along with all the works. There is going to be a new heaven and a new earth where righteousness reigns forever. All of this is in spite of man who thinks he can save himself. All of our wood, hay and stubble will burn up.

Where is the U.S. of A. in the Apocalypse?

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Peace,

Bro. James

#34 Bro. James, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reborn? Or 'loosed'?

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many words and phrases to portray the Jews and their history.

They are unique as an historical entity and the most hated ethnical group on earth.

It has been said that if Hitler had left them alone the economy of the Third Reich would have flourished and he would have won the war.

Reborn, loosed, emancipated... ?

Sealed.

Out of national Israel will come the seed of Redeemed Israel who will follow the Lamb wherever He goes. My opinion of course.

Perhaps God's judgment upon America will be forestalled seeing that our nation has always (well almost always) been a place of refuge for Jacob in his troubles.

HankD

#36 HankD, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which came first? The Jew's declaration of war on Germany? Or Hitler's restrictions on the Jews?

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    basically, any nation or people that applied Biblical principles, especially honored the Lord, was blessed fianncially and had their socirty and culture somewhat perserved, those who left God out or turn away from Him had society fall apart or fianancially ruined!

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a downturn in a country's economy is God's judgment. OK, where is the Biblical precedent that God carries out his judgment with economic hardships?

#39 InTheLight, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I listed my Biblical reasons, and so far no one has rebutted them with scriptures. Here they are again:

In the Old Testament the nation of Israel was God's chosen people. Those are the people that he chose to save. The other nations were heathen and you can find many Old Testament verses that spell that out. Many.

In the New Testament, "God so loved the WORLD" and "he is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." Also, God sent the apostles out to preach the gospel in all the world. God redeems people from "every tribe and tongue, and nation, and people." [Rev. 5:9.] Furthermore, all believers have direct access to God now, via Christ, the Mediator.

All of these things listed are changes from the Old Testament. God's approach to the world, nations and their people is different now than it was back then. It's an individual approach rather than a national approach.

Go ahead and rebut my reasoning. Go ahead and name nations that have been judged by God.