1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's love

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

He hates their sin but loves the person/soul. Can you show me where that is in the bible, or where it's strongly implied?

Here's another thing I'd like to see in this thread.
    No other basis for your thoughts than the bible and your own thinking. Forget Calvin, Augustine, whoever you don't like or do like, and base everything you say for or against only on scripture and what you feel God has led you to believe.
    Gina

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina, it is easier said than done - since both sides contend in resting their doctrinal belief on the Bible. It becomes a matter of interpretation, just like some people do not see anything wrong with homosexuality according to the Bible while others (myself included) do! [​IMG]

It seems that if the theologians through five centuries were not able to resolve this matter - they will not do it on the Baptist Board. [​IMG]

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina... I believe that God WILL save ALL his Children just like he said he would... That is what the Bible teaches... Jesus Christ divides his Sheep from the goats... And not men... Jesus Christ WILL not lose a one his sacrifice paid for!... That is my belief [​IMG] ... Brother Glen The Primitive Baptist [​IMG]

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Npetreley,

Nice try. Now get back to what I said about Calvin's theology lacking God's great Divine attribute of love. [John 3:16] God's love is the first thing you learn about in Sunday School. Apparently, you missed more than a few sessions.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Very understandable Barnabas, but I have a dream!
    That all Christians, high cal, lo cal, non cal, will one day walk together holding hands! That a cal will be able to enter a non-cal church and feel like a worthwhile person, to be accepted despite his convictions in interpretation.
    Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today, my friends, that even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow. I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Christian dream!

Oh wait, that was ML King! ;)
    Well, same point. :D
    Gina

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That has not changed. Jesus Christ met the conditions for all of His people. [​IMG]

7. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Hi Gina; [​IMG]
    questions from you;
    ---------------------------------------------
    1. Is God still loving unconditionally while he's throwing those that don't love him back in hell to burn for eternity?
    My reply;
    People send them selves to hell because they reject Christ. They made there choice.
    2. Was the sacrifice completely unconditional, or do you have to do something for it to be effective?
    My Reply;
    Actually it is very conditional. We first have to believe in Christ. Then we have to repent or turn from our sins. [​IMG]
    Act 16:31
    Romanbear

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Romanbear,

Good questions; good answers.