1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gods' power Demonstrated

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by revmwc, Apr 10, 2016.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

How is God's power demonstrated?
    1. In His knowledge.
    2. He has power to see all things Psalm 147:4 "He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names."
    a. He knows our thoughts Psalm 139:2b "...thou understandest my thought afar off."
    b. He knows our words Psalm 139:4 4 "For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether."
    c. He knows our deeds Psalm 139:3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways."
    d. He knows when we are right or wrong Revelation 2:2, 9, 2. "2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:" 9. " I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."
    e. He knows our sorrows Exodus 3:7 " And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;"
    f. He knows our needs Matthew 6:32 "(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." He will supply our needs Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
    g. He knows our sins Psalm 69:5 "O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee."
    h. He knows His own John 10:14, 27, "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine," 27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" We should depart from iniquity 2 Timothy 2:19 "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

If God knows all this then we should understand His power and seek to accomplish His will.
    To do that we must pray properly, There are certain requirements that are needed before we can pray in the will of God with certainty of getting what we ask for.
    1. There must be a full surrender to the will of God Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Lord teach us to pray was spoken to Jesus Luke 11:1; We must have a surrendered heart James 4:2 "Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not." Wrong motives = no answer.
    2. Have a heart understanding of Gods word so we may know the will of God. How can we ask if we don't know His will. Abiding in Christ ye will, and it shall be done unto you." We can know His will by abiding in the word Psalms 1:1-3,
    1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
    3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."
    Joshua 1:7-9, "7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
    8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
    9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." We get answer to prayer when we pray in His will 1 John 1:9 shows this. Prayers not based on the Bible usually aren't answered because they aren't based on the will of God.

I pray every time I get ready to prepare a message and study God's word and that is His will that we understand and know Spiritual things, and He will show us the truth when we seek it. 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." We are to abide in the Holy Spirit 1 John 2:27 "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." We do all because of His power and Grace and mercy that He shows upon all that believe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is more like it.....
    Stick to the english.WinkX3