1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Purpose - Done or to be done?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Apr 24, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No I am not answering that question, if one does not know why the Gospel should be preached, that is too bad.

And to you who denies Justification by the blood of Christ alone, which the resurrection gives evidence of : Read this Rom 4:25

25Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

The resurrection is an open vindication of all for whom Christ died for their sins !

If He would not have risen, it would have meant that all for whom He died remained in their sins 1 Cor 15:14,17

14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The resurrection indicates that God has forgiven those Christ died for, and Justified, and God given Faith embraces that Truth ! You reject the clear testimony of the Justification of God's People by the Death of Christ ! In essence, you believe like every other work monger, that Justification before God depends on man's act of faith or believing, so you believe in salvation by works !

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why then should we even respond to your posts? You will not answer those posts that prove your position is nonsense! Why should I respond to your nonsense?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I am not answering that question, if you wanna keep harping on it, fine. When I ask someone to answer a question, I will not be putting a gun to their head, they can answer it or not, simple as that ! Then I move on !

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

This is a debate forum and you refuse to answer the very questions that prove your position is false. You are not interested in any meaningful discussion but in propagadizing your false doctrines.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Isaiah 46:10-11 proves that from God's own perspective that He does not view His eternal purpose as accomplishing anything apart from Him actually carrying it out in time and space -

"I have purposed it, I will also do it."

Notice the different tenses. In regard to his purpose it is a past tense completed action "I HAVE purposED it". However, in regard to the implementation of that purpose it is a future tense "WILL do it."

Hence, God does not view his own purpose as actually accomplishing anything but is something not yet done but something future to "do." It is accomplished in the future by His own power and perdetermination to "do it."

Hence, His purpose is no different than a blue print of a house before it is built and accomplishes nothing more than a blue print accomplishes in the actual building of a house. Because the builder has a blue print of the house before it is actually built he foreknows every room, every windom, every light socket because He has purposed those things before hand but like the builder God must implement his plan by his own action in time and space.

Hence, we were purposed to be regenerated before the world "according to His purpose" but we were not regenerated before the world at all until the Holy Spirit actually carried that purpose out in time and space.

Hence, Christ was purposed as the redemptive lamb before the world "according to His purpose" but He was not the redemptive lamb before the world at all until He actual came and carried out that purpose in time and space.

Those who attempt to contradict the plain statement of God in Isaiah 46:11 by saying we were "objectively" saved before the world began are simply deceivers as we were not saved before the world began in any way shape or form but by Divine intent and design which God Himself does not regard as actual - "I WILL do it" not "I HAVE done it."

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No I am not answering that question, if one does not know why the Gospel should be preached, that is too bad.

And to you who denies Justification by the blood of Christ alone, which the resurrection gives evidence of : Read this Rom 4:25

25Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

The resurrection is an open vindication of all for whom Christ died for their sins !

If He would not have risen, it would have meant that all for whom He died remained in their sins 1 Cor 15:14,17

14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

The resurrection indicates that God has forgiven those Christ died for, and Justified, and God given Faith embraces that Truth ! You reject the clear testimony of the Justification of God's People by the Death of Christ ! In essence, you believe like every other work monger, that Justification before God depends on man's act of faith or believing, so you believe in salvation by works !

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Isaiah 46:10-11 proves that God does not share the view of SBM at all but repudiates it. The Triune God covenanted together to do the work of redemption before the world began but that very covenant demanded it was yet in the future that it would be actually accomplished. Hence, no elect was actually called, justified or glorified before the world began except in the confused mind of false teachers, certainly God never viewed it as accomplished but said "I WILL do it."

Neither did Christ obtain or finish any kind of application of his work of redempton on the cross as that was not His covenant work! The Covenant work of application was given to the Holy Spirit who effectually calls the elect out of darkness through the empowered gospel and actually justifies them through regenerative repentance and faith in the gospel.

Those who attempt to isolate one aspect and one Divine Persons work of salvation from the rest of Person's of the Trinity and make it stand alone as accomplished salvation are simply calling God a liar as God says what he "purposed" is something yet "I WILL do" not I have done!

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Back to God's Purpose !

But it is something that He has done within Himself, however, in time His Power will materialize it ! That is what Solomon means here Ecc 3:15

15That which hath been[In God's Purpose] is now; and that which is to be hath already been[In God's Purpose]; and God requireth that which is past.

#29 savedbymercy, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The only thing God has done in himself is to PURPOSE in himself what shall be carried out in time. = "I HAVE purposed it, I WILL DO it." Nothing else has been done in Himself. To complicate it any further than this simple statement is utter confusion and complete and absolute intellectual nonsense. SBM's whole soteriology is built upon this utter nonsense.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

SBM's utterly rediculous interpetation of God's eternal purpose is like suggesting that prophecy has already been accomplished in God and thus the prophetic event is already reality but the prophet never the less predicts it is yet to be accomplished. This is the absolute utter nonsensical double talk he is presenting.

The very idea of "predestination" is a denial that God's purpose have been accomplished but will be accomplished by the determined will of God with power.

None of the elect were justified before the world began as none existed before the world began but only were CONTEMPLATED within the purpose of God before the world began. All of the elect entered this world UNDER SIN and thus UNDER THE LAW and thus UNDER CONDEMNATION of the Law as the Law cannot call anyone a sinner without JUST CONDEMNATION (Jn. 3:17-19; 36) and that just condemnation is based upon the fact that all men come into the world in "UNBELIEF" (Jn. 3:17-18).

No amount of double talk will make God say "I have Purposed it, thus I have already done it in myself"!!!! No! Rather God views it in His own words as "I have purposed it, I WILL DO it" not I have done it!

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God's Purpose in Himself is Done, for God is Eternal, there is not succession of Time within God, everything to Him is an Eternal Present, even our future, so, Yes in the relm of Time, yes God's Eternal good pleasure will or show be done. but that is to accomodate creatures of time. You and I are not God ! You are gulity of lowering God to the a creature status like us, Ps 50:21

These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

God is reproving you now through this post here !

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Sure God's purpose in himself is done! He is not in the progress of laying out a purpose because it was finished before the world began. But it is his PURPOSE that was done, finished then, NOT THE ACTUALIZATION of that purpose as He says himself "I have purposed it, I WILL DO it"

Sure God cannot be measured by time and sees His purpose as complete but that does not deny God carries it out IN TIME because that is how He sees it it complete IN TIME or else he would never say "I have purposed it, I WILL DO IT".

He sees it complete because He sees Himself as doing it in time. Just because God is not restricted to time does not mean he does not acknowlege time or what He Himself "WILL DO" in time. Your position is intellectual nonsense, irrational and unbiblical.

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Thats Right, that is my Point. The Elect are actually Justified before God before the world began !

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Purpose does not equal actual any more than "I have purposed" equals "I WILL do it"! What you say is complete and utter nonsense!

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

To God it does ! When one believes the Gospel, they are saying amen to the Testimony of God as to what God says is True. Their actual Justification by Christ was True before the world began !

It did not become actual to God when the Elect person finds out about it, that is insane and Blasphemy !

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The word actual merely means it was a fact.

existing in act or fact ! Now the Justification of the Elect, before God, Before God , Before God, always to Him existed as a present Fact IN HIS MIND !

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Hear God's own words "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it." Hence, to God it does not mean actually done but something "I WILL do." You are the one blaspheming God's word as you are directly contradicting His very word about the very subject we are debating.

19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No it does not! He did not say "I have purposed it, I HAVE DONE it". That is exactly what you are putting into God's mouth by your false doctrines.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

The word actual merely means it was a fact.

existing in act or fact ! Now the Justification of the Elect, before God, Before God , Before God, always to Him existed as a present Fact IN HIS MIND !