1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Purpose - Done or to be done?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Apr 24, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

When one believes the Gospel, they are merely receiving the Testimony of God as to what God says is True, Factual to God !

1 Cor 2:1

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

1 Jn 5:9

9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There are a lot of facts in my mind. It is a fact in my mind that all the saved will be glorified but that fact does not make them glorified in reality. The only difference between this fact in my mind versus God's mind is that God has the power to make it a reality and I do not - period! That is precisely what he means when he says "I have PURPOSED it; I WILL DO it."

There is no such thing as a DOUBLE reality but that is moronic doctrine you are teaching.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

You are not God ! That is the problem here Ps 50:21

These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine

You are not God, it is Blasphemous for you to even put yourself in His Class, with your mind !

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You jerk scripture out of context and so no surprise you jerk my words out of their context. I distinctily qualfied my statment by clealy defining that difference as I did not claim to be God and I claimed that God has the power to carry out His purpose and I do not.

This is the way you operate - jerking things out of context and that is precisely what you are forced to do to teach your false doctrines.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The whole natural universe existed in the mind of God the very same way that the elect did. The mind of God is not composed of MATERIAL or MATTER but is SPIRITUAL and therefore neither the universe or the elect could have existed in reality in the mind of God unless the whole universe is SPIRITUAL and does not consist of MATTER.

It does not take a genius to figure out that it could only exist as a IMMATERIAL thought described in the Bible as a DETERMINED THOUGHT or "purpose." It had no REAL existence in God's Mind because the REAL universe is MATTER in its REAL existence.

Therefore heed God's own words concerning this matter "I HAVE purposed it, I WILL do it."

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the same reasoning...

Since God already knows that jesus will return again, and has already prefixed that event/time etc

isn't it already aPRESENT FACT IN HIS MIND, so already must have happened?

God knew I would be saved, determined and make sure of that fact, but isn't it when it actually happens to me, by faith in jesus, when it really happens?

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Your not God, God is an Eternal Being, with no beginning, no ending, Everything in God's Mind is an Eternal NOW. God's View of the Elect in His Mind, has always been of them in Christ, God never charged them with their sin in Adam, they never by God have been condemned. When He chose them in Eternity in Christ, He Loved them, nothing they did in time Changed God's Mind about them, they are not condemned in Adam, never have been. When they are born sinners as others, when they are in their minds at enmity with God, while they are by Nature, God haters and Children of wrath, not for a split second are they under God's wrath and condemned !

You do not believe that, you have no ideal what Salvation is, and you proclaim a False and accursed Gospel.

And the non elect, have been nothing but condemned and under God's Wrath from Everlasting, nothing can change it !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

yesh

Everthing, that has happened, that is happening now, and shall happen in God's Mind is a Eternal present !

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To God, as He exists outside time, buit things still have to hapen to us to "be real/done" in this present time and space!

God knows that I will get saved exactly, when/how etc, but i actually get saved in my time/space when it happensfrom MY frame of reference!

10. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Hilarious!

One tries to get a word in edgewise on a faultily based OP, and the entire thread is 'The Biblicist' & 'savedbymercy' going back and forth ranting at one another.

It must be a 'personal' thing.

:wavey: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    welcome back! Where have you been hiding?

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Either you cannot read or you are an habitual liar! I NEVER said I was God and in my very first post I made that clear and then in my second post I made that clearer and more explicit and yet you keep repeating this false accusation as though it had some merit in regard to my posts. Start being honest with what others say and do not say.

Your absolute false doctrine was completely exposed by Isaiah 46:11 "I have purposed it, I WILL do it."

Your absolute false doctrine was complete exposed by the analogy of creation in my previous post as no LITERAL ACTUAL creation existed in the mind of God as the mind of God is LITERALL SPIRITUAL not MATERIAL but the LITERAL ACTUAL CREATION is MATERIAL.

Your absolute false doctrine is exposed by your own words as an eternal present is not synonmous with God's eternal purpose! Think it through a bit! Just because God exists in an eternal present does not mean the universe is eternal as that is the false doctrine of pantheism where creation and God cannot be separated from each other. Pantheism is the logical conclusion of your false doctrine.

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I know one thing, you do blaspheme by comparing yourself and your mind with God !

God is an Eternal God, time to Him is a drop in the bucket, He is outside of Time, and we as creatures cannot comprehend things outside of time ! And you have the audacity to compare your mind with God's !

Again, God's Eternal Purpose within Himself is a done deal, but yet in time, it must condescend into the succession of time, seconds, minutes, hours, days , weeks, and years, and decades, all that is in time, that does not move God. When something comes to pass in time, that is not when God views it at coming to past.

That which is temporal , which is time as we know it, cannot govern that which was decided in Eternity, in fact, the Eternal Purpose of God, governs what occurs in time, the things done in time is only manifesting the Eternal Purpose of God, which in His Mind is a forever present !

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does indeed know ALL things, ALL events ever to be done/happen He knows...

But, has it really happened unless/until it comes to pass in our real time/space?

God knows who will be saved, but are they really saved until the time of their faith in christ?

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Work salvation !

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No blasphemy because God created man in his own image. We have a "mind" and God has a "mind." The difference is exactly what I said, He has OMNISCIENCE and OMINOPTENCE that carries out His purposes and WE have neither. However, the faculites of mind work by the same principles - thought, determination, etc.

No one disputes the PURRPOSE is in God's mind and it is a FINISHED Purpose as God is not planning as He goes. However, the APPLICATION of that finished Purposed in God's mind did not occur in eternity past but as God says himself - "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it."

You are confused! God sees His purpose as completed as a purpose and regards what He has purposed as certain but He has purposed for it to actually occur within time (predestination) which He created - "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it."

I will take God's Word that what "I HAVE purposed" is not already done but "I WILL DO it."

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

That is besides the point, He did not create man a God as He is.

That is what got eve in trouble with the devil lol Gen 3:5

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

See where your ideals come from ? You want to be God, Like God, just like this character Isa 14:14

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Why after all, He made me after His Image !

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Please point to anywhere I said that??? Indeed, the very statement you are complaining about is immediately followed by a qualifiying statement where I deny we are God.

When are you going to stop lying, distorting and perverting what other people say and mean in order to make it fit what you WANT them to say and mean??????

"I HAVE purposed it, I WILL do it" - Isa. 46:11

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

You the one brought up that God made man in His Image in this debate, which was not relevant, so I simply just dealt with it ! Blame yourself !

Now, God and men are different, God is Eternal, His perspective is not dictated by time events, as you and i !

That's why the Gospel Mysteries have to be revealed by God ! Matt 13:11

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

And God does not make them known to all !

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

That Goes for in time ! In Eternity and from His Perspective it's done.

The past, the present, the future, are all one present to God ! This does not prevent God's Power still being active in performing His Eternal Purpose in time either !