1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's purpose for evil's existence

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salamander, Jan 24, 2009.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Here is a very interesting verse in light of this discussion.

"The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom." Proverbs 16:4

To me, It just does not get any clearer than that. Evil exists so that God may be glorified. He not being the source of sin, fulfills His purpose through the evil choices of man. I can not understand how He does that, but it is very clear that He does do that.

2. Jonah

Jonah New Member

I think you kind of got what I was trying to say. Not what He does but why is the mystery part. You could say because He loves us and to bring glory to Him but thats not an answer to His reasons for being merciful.

I quit trying to put God into some kind of comprehensible time oriented tangible box long ago and just accept the simplistic definitions He gives us that we can understand.