1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Sovereignty

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mandym, Mar 9, 2012.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

They are not saved until they are placed in Christ. No one is born in Christ, but when He saves them, they are placed in Christ. You make it seem that the elect are born in Christ.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You most assuredly are NOT a Calvinist. Even he/they believe preaching to the lost is necessary to bring them to Christ.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me on the other hand WHAT! Complete your statement.

4. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Oooo, touchy! Ever heard of the private message feature? You talked in public about a private little place just for Calvinists....,uh, Doctrine-of-Gracers, to go and chit chat about Calvinism...., uh, THE Doctrines-Of-Grace, with no opposing opinions allowed. I posted a little parody of what that sounds like as a form of entertainment, and meant no personal malice to you or any of my Calvinist brothers. I enjoy reading reading witty Calvinist chants against those who are not of that persuasion, but see it as only that. The fact that some here repeatedly equate opposing views as worthy of damnation is to me a serious offense and I marvel at the looseness of the tongue of some to attack Holy Spirit endwelled brothers and sisters personally in such a manner.

5. Forest

Forest New Member

EWF, I think that we are in agreement with each other on most all of the scriptures and our main objective on this forum is to explain the truth of the scriptures to those elect children of God that are believing in a false doctrine. My intention is to explain the truth with love and compassion to those who do not understand. I wandered in the wilderness of unbelif for forty years like Israel The lost sheep of Israel are more likely to consider what we are trying to teach them if we don't let our fleshly nature get in the way by critising them personally. May God bless you in your efforts.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea very touchy..... you call Calvinists elitist. My ancestors were all Calvinists & worked hard labor in mine shafts & Factories and still found time to spread the gospel.....but you would call them elitists. FYI, People who are committed to this system of gospel interpretation come from all walks of life & most are very sincere & God loving people who spread the gospel but your direct intent is to sneer at them & misrepresent them.... you bet I am touchy. Whats more, Im becoming embittered with all this infighting...... does it show?

And it is primarily the Calvinists who have advised me against this embitterment & mostly privately, however I feel warranted to express my displeasure with the nonsense I see here. Perhaps it's time I leave before I blow up.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im less than 2 years saved my brother & Im really not here to teach, rather to learn. I am an aggressive man, with a type A personality so before I loose control Id much prefer to find a forum that helps me to learn & grow without all the constant backstabbing. It is not teaching me anything but it is making me more resolute in what I now believe. This place is forcing me to look for other places to learn & grow without all the angst.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Based on yesterday's interaction, you have no problem calling others names and applaud vulgarity.

...yet you are tired of the infighting and look to take the "high road".

That's what's known as hypocrisy.

9. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

I apologize for offending you and I assure you that I meant no malice. It was a silly parody based on the idea that was posted publicly of a private forum just for Doctrine-of-Gracers to go to. I used the word "elitist" and other words only for "entertainment" effect based on the concept of a DoG-only forum, and I apologize if this kind of joking is not allowed on this forum. Actually, I think such a DoG-only forum is a splendid idea and perhaps it may attract some DoGers to use it exclusively for their own edification and betterment.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then by your reckoning Im a hyprocate. Big deal..... So what? I suppose you have never been one. Of course, we know better.:laugh:

Must be difficult for you to hold to your "holier than thou" attitude when your just as deplorable.....but of course youd never admit to that.......your God's perfect creature ....oh, thats right, you have no sin nature! :laugh:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ah...the "you too" fallacy made famous on the playgrounds in kindergartens across America.

Next.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the exception of you of course:laugh:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you ...I do appreciate that & I in turn apologize for my behavior to you.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Now, this is music to mine "eyes"...:laugh: :godisgood: :jesus: :love2:

15. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Webdog, there is vulgarity by the mere printed word, but not held in one's heart, and then there is vulgarity where the words are not shared, but the heart is evident. Guess which one applies to you! :thumbs:

Printed words are just that... And those were not my words, they were the words of some of the heros of the left -- the same ones who were SO (SO SO SO) upset at one particular radio host for using a word that we find in our Bibles and another word that we can use most anywhere with impunity for it is not currently a curse word in our culture.

But what you bring to the table is different -- pure attack, that if placed in words, would far exceed any of the vile stuff penned by the Left. Wonder what it would take for you to edify someone once -- especially someone who is not one of your group? I distinctly recall Christ speaking about loving even your enemies, yet you almost always find a way to pile on -- even when it isn't your argument... :tonofbricks:

16. Forest

Forest New Member

Because of God's foreknowledge he saw that none would do good, Ps 53:2-3, and choose a people before he formed the earth to give to his Son that his Son would reconcile them back to him by Christ's sacrifice on the cross. God choose these people in him before the foundation of the world, Eph1:4. Eternal salvation for those that he choose was accomplished by Christ on the cross, John 6:37-41. We are quickened together with Christ by the new birth, but our eternal salvation was secured on the cross.

17. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

No one does good, that is the reason Jesus came. We have good news praise Jesus. The righteous the self-righteous that is don't need Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:15
    Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

Is no one doing good a reason why someone can't be saved or the reason we need Jesus?

#97 psalms109:31, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012