1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's Standard for Us is Holiness, and Abortion is not Holiness

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 24, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Peter 1:15 - "But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of living.":wavey:

The political hot potato is the debate over Obama, his support of abortion, and whether or not it is a sin to have voted for him.

We all know that God has set standards for His followers, and one of those standards is to be Holy. While I know that no one person can ever gain a perfect state of Holiness in this life, I do know that is our daily goal to prayerfully aim for a life that is Holy and pure.

For this reason, and only for this reason, the Lord will have no other choice but to judge us according to our choices in this life. When we make a wrong choice, and the Word of God through the Holy Ghost reveals to us that something, or someone, in our life is a sin that grieves our Lord, we are told to confess that sin and remove ourselves from the presence of that sin and return no more. To not do this, and to continue to sin, or support someone else who is committing that sin will gain His wrath.

If Holiness is the standard by which God judges our life, then the association with, and support of someone who freely and willingly allows the taking of an innocent, unborn life, is committing murder.

Abortion surely doesn't glorify God.....Abortion surely doesn't reflect the love and kindness of God....Abortion surely doesn't lift up the Kingdom of God....and I could keep going with the things that abortion doesn't do. Simply put, abortion is not an act of Holiness, and to align ourselves with someone who is not Holy because of their support of killing unborn children, is not being Holy.

Look at scripture for guidance:

1 Peter 1:15 - "But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of living." Wow! This is the key to the Kingdom my brothers and sisters. We were called by the Holy One to be holy in conduct and the manner in which we live. Voting for a politician that condones abortion does not live up to this mandate by the Holy Ghost through which Peter wrote.....

Hebrews 2:11 - "For both He Who sanctifies [making men holy] and those who are sanctified all have one [Father]. For this reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren..." We are called to Holiness, and mandated to associate with those who are also Holy in order to not bring shame to the Father.

Furthermore: 1 Timothy 2:8 - "I desire therefore that in every place men should pray, without anger or quarreling or resentment or doubt [in their minds], lifting up holy hands." Holy hands are not hands that support and lift up praise and adoration to those who kill unborn children.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm... association with someone, who believes that something evil is not evil and refuses to use their influence to stop it, is the same thing as actually doing the evil?

That makes no sense.

I'm guessing that few, if any, of the Obama supporters here 'aligned' themselves with Obama because of his support for abortion "rights."

Obama performs abortions?

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

really? associating with someone while they commit a crime makes you guilty of that same crime (believe me I know, my son went to prison for it), so why doesn't it make you guilty when you associate with people who support and approve abortion?

obama has given his approval and support of murdering babies,said they are a punishment, not persons, so yes he is just as guilty.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. :thumbs:

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, Trust Me...They are Aligned With BHO...

Oped said: "Simply put, abortion is not an act of Holiness, and to align ourselves with someone who is not Holy because of their support of killing unborn children, is not being Holy."

Comment said: "I'm guessing that few, if any, of the Obama supporters here 'aligned' themselves with Obama because of his support for abortion "rights."

Those that voted for Obama knew what his platform was prior to their vote. All of those women that hated Palin, hated her for her stand against abortion and stem cell research, so you can't convince me that Obama supporters did not know what he stood for....

I know that a ton of believers tuned in for Rick Warren's interview with McCain and Obama, and those who watched could not help but hear Obama answer the abortion question with [what I call the 'cop-out-of-the-century']: That (abortion) is above my "pay-grade.":tear:

It would seem strange to me that [you included] those who voted for Obama had not sold out and aligned themselves with him. If they had not aligned themselves with him, then why would they vote for him; defend him; and work so hard to get him elected? When people vote for a candidate, they should know what the candidate professes to be their beliefs. Very few people can't say they did not know that Obama was Pro-Abortion, among other things.

Did the Holiness issue cause you to pause and take note of what is really going on in your heart? If it didn't, it just may be too late to reach you...:praying:

Pastor Paul:type:

6. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this country, abortion is not against the law, so using our legal system's laws about being an accessory is not the best way to think about it. When I am talking about guilt, I am talking about guilt before God, Who knows our heart and our intent.

Because I do not support and approve abortion.

Furthermore, many Christians take into account a number of important factors besides just the abortion issue when they are determining who to vote for.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please notice that I said that "I'm guessing that few, if any, of the Obama supporters here 'aligned' themselves with Obama because of his support for abortion 'rights.'"

I am talking about Obama supporters here, and I'm suggesting that their motivation to vote for him was not because of his abortion position, but for other reasons. I'm not suggesting they were ignorant of his position on abortion. Remember, not everyone is a single-issue voter. Furthermore, it is almost impossible to find a candidate that I would agree with about everything.

I voted for McCain/Palin. Why do people around here seem to assume that a person who does not condemn Obama and his supporters with vile venom and vigor must be one of his supporters? I don't like Obama/Biden, but that doesn't mean I have the right to say things that aren't true or claim he is personally a murderer.

No, the "holiness issue" did not cause me to examine my heart. You've obviously falsely judged my heart.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Running for President is not a crime. That's the only way in which I've had any association with him.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe what she's referring to is "aiding and abetting"....

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Although taken out of context [to some extent] I believe the following adequately describes those who support abortion.

Romans 1:31, 32

31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Scenario...

You and a policeman are standing on the corner. A man walks up with a baby.

"Hey", he says, taking out a knife, "I am going to kill this baby."

Your police officer friend says "While I personally disapprove of murdering children, that is my religious belief, so I am not going to impose that upon you."

The man murders the baby. Not only that, but the officer watches the same thing happen millions of more times. In fact, he passes out government funded knives to the villains, and forbids anyone ELSE from aiding the children. You yell and scream that he should be protecting the children, that that is his job, but he continues to insist he will not interfere, except to aid the murderers.

Then comes election time: he is running for sheriff. You say "Man, I know he is going to stand by and watch babies die, but if He enforces those rules, it will really take money out of us taxpayers pockets. Plus, the other guy running wants red police cars, instead of blue, and I just don't like that. I am going to votefor him anyway.

Not only is the blood of those children on the hands of Barak Obama (yes, he is a baby murderer), but that blood is on the hands of all who voted for him.

12. OldRegular

AMEN:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

It is against God law for man's moral behavior, it is therefore sin to murder a baby. I only demonstrated that there is guilt by association, when one disapproves they would, if their disapproval were true, disassociate from the baby murderer. Yes God knows a mans heart when he votes to approve partial birth abortion. And supporters of obama did just that.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

oh, you ran for president with him?
    actually voting for him is associating yourself with him. Of course we've seen you on here over and over defending and approving of him and not stanidng against anything he is a supporter of. Apparently obama can do no wrong in your eyes and those on here who have approved of him. Not once caring they voted to approve partial birth abortion.

15. OldRegular

And supporting a political party that is devoutly committed to the murder of unborn children is not Christ like. It is a tragedy that people who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ can continue to support this American Holocaust.