1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's voice

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mick, Jun 6, 2008.

1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi Mick

What does the Bible say about this........

John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

If your born again, you should be learning to discern God’s voice.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Also.......
    Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."

This verse tells us, that God’s peace, can be a “determining factor” in our life.
    (Once you are totally committed to Christ, and have God’s peace, you can use that peace, to know God’s will for your life.)
    If God wants you to do something(over and above His instructions in the Bible), He will speak to your heart about it.

And the way to know for sure, that it was the Lord that spoke to you, is by.....
    (1)making it a matter of fervent prayer(every day), and
    (2)study God’s Word(every day).

If you are heading in the wrong direction, the Lord will let you know.
    Also.......
    Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Here we are told, that if we are saved, and being faithful to study God’s Word every day, than we will not be able to deceive ourselves!

Note: “The word of God........[is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
    One more thing.

Consider, all the ways, the Bible tells us, that we can deceive ourselves.......

1 Corinthians 3:18 “Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.”

1 John 1:8 “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”

James 1:22 “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

These may not be all the ways, but this will get you started.

See you later