1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gog and Magog

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Apr 16, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was reading about this on wikipedia. I found this interesting, particularly with today's current events. Does the bolded below sound like the US ("tribe" and the nation that is considered evil and destructive, which Islam brands us) and Gog and Magog Iran and Iraq? Notice the one with 2 horns...sounds awfully antichristish to me. Thoughts on this?

Gog and Magog appear in Qur'an sura Al-Kahf (The Cave), 18:83-98, as Yajuj and Majuj (Ya-juj/Ya-jewj and Ma-juj/Ma-jewj or يأجوج و مأجوج, in Arabic). Some Muslim scholars contend that the Gog in Ezekiel verse 38:2 should be read Yajuj (there is a "Y" immediately before Gog in the Hebrew version[12]). The verses state that Dhul-Qarnayn (the one with two horns) travelled the world in three directions, until he found a tribe threatened by Gog and Magog, who were of an "evil and destructive nature" and "caused great corruption on earth".[13] The people offered tribute in exchange for protection. Dhul-Qarnayn agreed to help them, but refused the tribute; he constructed a great wall that the hostile nations were unable to penetrate. They will be trapped there until doomsday, and their escape will be a sign of the end:

But when Gog and Magog are let loose and they rush headlong down every height (or advantage). Then will the True Promise draw near - (Qur'an 21:96-97)

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

<crickets chirping>

3. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

Does the Qur'an speak truth about the "endtimes"??

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

Indeed, it does -- especially Iran's president. They have an annual festival in Qom south of Teheran. The prophecies are mainly centered on the coming ot the 12th Imam whom they believe will be seen with the resurrected Christ (to me, this speaks of AC and fp in Rev 13!).

They also believe there must be a great war involving all Muslims against the infidels (5th and/or 6th trumpets?) before the coming of the 12th Imam.

I am not familiar with the Gog-Magog part. Perhaps web can explain.

skypair