1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gold dust and oily hands...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Nov 2, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Have you ever heard of such phenomena?
    This seems to happen among charismatics that people suddenly have gold dust all over them or they suddenly have oil on their hands. They attribute this to God.
    But why should God make gold dust fall from heaven or give them oily hands? :confused:
    Is this a new trend? This is what I don't understand. There always seem to come new trends in different waves which then spread all over the world and then there comes a new trend. What is this good for?

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Yes, it is another new trend. More hokey-pokey. More nonsense. Charismatics would rather trust gold and oil than simply bow low before their Savior.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what if it's genuine?

Does this mean that all charismatics which experience this are deceived and don't even notice it? I don't know but somehow this all doesn't make sense. On the one hand charismatics have a lot of really odd stuff but on the other hand you also cannot simply say that God isn't working in charismatic churches at all. But if God is working there then why doesn't he stop these odd things and simply accepts them? Can darkness and light coexist next to each other? Can God work in a church service and at the same time there are false manifestations and darkness and light are directly next to each other?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:BangHead: Read your Bible! Stay away from false teachers!

5. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

The Holy Spirit is grieved when these things happen. Perhaps you are unaware of the service where they were caught actually tossing gold flakes (like you can buy in a toy store) in the air. So many times Charismatics think that they have to "help" the Holy Spirit. There have been many times when a pastor would fake something in a service, hoping to "increase the faith" of the congregation. In any event, God doesn't need to sprinkle imitation gold flakes or put oil in the air handling system. God speaks to each of us spiritually. He needs no gimmicks. This is akin to Catholics running to and fro everytime someone reports that Mary has been seen in a window or in a cloud. It's nonsense.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what if these things are real and not faked?
    Does this mean that they are from Satan and christians are being deceived?
    But then again I ask myself why should God allow christians to be deceived?
    It simply doesn't make sense. How can somebody be a christian and then be so deceived?

7. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Two independent tests on samples of the gold-colored dust or flakes have found the substance is plastic glitter, with no gold content. The tests were conducted by the U.S. Geological Survey, and by a similar organization in Canada. You can buy this glitter and toss it on people at weddings, which some do.

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I have heard from people that this stuff is real. Maybe there are also people which fake it but this doesn't mean that it's always a fake. What if it's really real?
    What would this mean?
    I have heard the testimony of someone who said that he can get gold dust any time he asks God for it and that it works in most cases. So the question is not if it's real or not the question is what is it and where does it come from.

9. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

You are wasting your time, life, and energy on foolish pursuits. You need to stop it. Your life is worth more than these superstitious questions. You need to sit down with a mentor who can help you understand scripture, who can describe what God desires of you. He saves you, then he counsels you as you grow in Him. Find a guide who will help you understand that. The bible is a marvelous book. It holds more wonder and awe than all the charismatic nonsense will ever be able to dream up.

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I'm simply trying to connect the dots.
    If this stuff is not from God then what does this basically mean?
    That every charismatic who claims to experience such things is misled and God allows it or what? No matter how you turn it you always have open questions.

11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Well, let's see.

Can we have some names? Churches where it's supposed to have happened, individuals to whom it happened.

Anybody on the board ever seen this?

Anybody ever seen it on TBN? You know if it's on TBN, we have to believe it.

12. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:sleeping_2:

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

When one measures their level of intimacy with God by the intensity level of the emotions, then one is forced to come up with manifestations to justify their holiness.

It's the same reason that a prosperity theology minister HAS to be rich. If they ain't rich, they ain't blessed...poor means a sign of God's displeasure, according to their garbage.

"Gold dust and oily hands"--

what happened is that Benny Hinn played an old country music song backwards...God spoke to him through the record very clearly during that time (it was between rounds 3 and 4 of knocking down fat ladies, bald men, and scared kids at his healing service...he was "getting a word from the Lord" while his staff helped the sick folks memorize their script). Here is what God said, through the record:

mwwawakanushaiawaassswww...lavmmummanammgoldust...ahkalammoilyhanz...ske sleahmwahhwaw.

Obviously...God hath spoken, eh?

No, xdx. It ain't real. It's theatrics and emotional manipulation.

14. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

xdiciplex:

Mt 24:24
    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    Mt 24:25
    Behold, I have told you before.

See how neat it is to just go to the Bible to get your questions answered?

Read this text until you understand.

Then repeat after me, Benny Hinn and his ilk are false prophets...Benny Hinn and his ilk are false prophets....Benny Hinn and his ilk are false PROFITS.

Get it? I changed the 'e' to an 'i' because that is what they are after. PROFITS.

Benny Hinn and his ilk are...(now you say it)

15. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

These answers are not satisfying. You simply say it's not real others say it's real.
    Great. Why should you be right and the others should be wrong? You simply insist on being right.

16. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Discernment.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Discipleship . . . produces disciples . . . a moniker only produces imitations.

You need discipleship. When the doubts come, remember that. When the anger comes, remember that. When you wonder 'why?', remember that. When you feel that God is no longer there, remember that. When you feel like you have never believed in God, remember that. When you begin to get worn down by the old stodgy religion that you are around, remember that. When you get tired of the liberal church you sometimes attend, remember that.

But, never forget that Jesus loves you. Even when what is coming - comes, remember that.

Then find discipleship . . . before it is too late.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

Read your bible, do you see this in it? Nope? Then theres your answer.

19. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

If the plain words of Jesus which I posted are not satifying then buddy you have bigger problems than wondering about the antics of Benny Hinn and his ilk.

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I kinda been saying that for awhile . . .

The kid needs discipleship . . . and not just a moniker claiming it.