1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good article on the importance of Doctrine in preaching

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by 4His_glory, Mar 29, 2008.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I read this article by John MacArthur on the importance of doctrine in our preaching. It was a blessing to me so I thought I would share it.

Here is a little excerpt:

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and all I read was the quote :thumbs:

I constantly hear preachers downing doctrine and theology as if it were something for the ivory towers and nit wits that occupy them. :tear:

edit:

Just read through it and "Unfortunately, cultists aren’t alone in their bias against doctrine. Some evangelicals have almost the same perspective. Because they view doctrine as heady and theoretical, they dismiss it as unimportant, divisive, threatening, or simply impractical." he agrees with me!!!!!!!! :)

#2 exscentric, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, we not only need to make the Gospel relevant to our modern day we need to keep it real in its meaning. It is so much easier to study the words in the book than to study the meaning of the words in the book. Why waste time trying to understand the complete picture if I can sound studied if I can memorize quote words? Who cares what they mean or if I am using them out of context, since you know those words are in the Bible you owe me a good AMEN!

Using only the words in the book we have doctrines like prosperity but when we look at the message we realize we shouldn’t put out hope in things of this earth. God never promised me a dollar but he continually supplies my needs. He never promised me a “Rolls” but he sure will make a way.