1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good As New Bible Really Out There

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Marcia, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goodness... Don't I wish that were true!

The people who will actually decide our election this year (10-15% swing voters) are very sensitive to media reporting.
    Maybe. But I, as some one who does listen to multiple sources, find that they are usually as accurate in the facts they present as AP. They simply edit from a conservative viewpoint rather than a liberal one. They are for the most part the other side of the coin so to speak.

The key seeing bias in reporting is realizing that the writer may be telling the truth about all of the facts being reported... they are just selective in which facts they want to present.

I know they try but the mainstream media can't disprove their bias. All of us are biased and tend to see events colored by our biases. Over 80% of the Washington press corps vote Democratic. Twice as many of them self identify themeselves as "liberal" as our general population... and that's with people like Jennings thinking he is a moderate.

As opposed to the mainstream media?

I would say worldnetdaily is just less polished and practiced at it.

They are definitely not in the category of Star or National Enquirer as someone suggested.

Biased? Yes. And why not? There is no such thing as completely neutral, unbiased journalism. No one just reports the unedited facts.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is NOT a WND discussion. Please take that elsewhere.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the reliability of the source was being questioned? I am simply arguing that they are as reliable as other sources that are better received.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The fact has been well established that this is a real story. Lets stick to that issue,please. We can start a thread in the News Forum to discuss the WND if you wish.

The issue at hand is the Good as New "Bible"

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, Christ4Kildare on trying to keep this on topic. I did not post the story until I had the other 2 links verifying it, especially the link where it is being sold and it looked quite legit.

I don't think the issue of the Biblical names being turned into nicknames is as serious as the way the theology is being changed in regards to sexual relations outside marriage, and how it's including the Gospel of Thomas. To have people like the Archbishop of Canterbury and the president of the Baptist Union of Great Britain there endorse it, whether they are liberal or not, is amazing to me.

6. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Most know that I am not a KJVO I use the ISV. But I'm saying right here this is a ***version. the stars stood for per. I use many versions NIV ESV NASB. But this is a ***version.

7. Forever settled in heaven

how so?

does the change of names in KJB/ISB/whatever make THEM ***versions also? e.g.:

Mizraim ==> Egypt
    Jacob ===> James
    Jesus ===> Joshua
    Isaiah ===> Esias
    Hosea ===> Osee
    Yerushalayim/Salem ===> Jerusalem
    Shlomo ===> Solomon

as for Rocky, how close is that to the Aramaic/Hebrew original? which term, "Peter" or "Rocky", better conveys the meaning of the original?

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

9. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

They changed a lot. An accurate version will try its best to try to accurately translate from the original languages. It didnt especially on the matters that deal with baptism and sexual matters.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

To be fair, it did get baptism "right" by calling it "dipping".

However, that does mean I in ANY WAY defend this book.

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]This is a NEW modern version. :eek:

12. Anti-Alexandrian

No,no,it's not;remeber what Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 1:9?

Same old wastebasket with a fresh coat of paint!

13. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

It's funny how boiling frogs react when they see a more fully cooked comrade. How often do you really get to see around the next bend of the road you travel?

It is a [another] NEW modern version. Same old wastebasket, perhaps another shot across the bow of apostasy, another chance to repent. God is good!

Lacy

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

AA and Lacy,

Been missing you all. Would you pop over to my "Simple Question" thread and help me out?

15. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I missed you too. I don't hang out here much. It's like a soap opera. You can quit watching for 6 months then come back and nothing new has happened. Anyway, I took the bait, though I doubt you'll be satisfied with my answer.

In Christ, Lacy

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I like your description Lacy - it is kinda like a soap opera [​IMG] .

Good to see you back.

17. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

May God bless your studies.

Lacy