1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good Biography

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by A&I, Feb 18, 2004.

1. A&I

A&I New Member

Anyone have a good one to recommend to me .Thanks

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi there! Why not come over to the Welcome thread and introduce yourself?
    What sort of biography were you interested in? What type of person?

3. rbrent

rbrent New Member

Evidence Not Seen: A Woman's Miraculous Faith in the Jungles of World War II

by Darlene Deibler Rose

This lady went to the Far East as a Missionary in 1938. She and her husband were imprisoned under horrible conditions in a Japanese POW camp during WWII.

Her husband died. She survived, remarried another missionary and went back to Missionary work after the war.

Served as a Missionary to Stone-Age tribes in New Guinea until the late 1970ies - raised her sons in New Guinea, then semi-retired to the outback of Australia, where she continued working as a Missionary to the aboriginal people.

This is one of the BEST biographies I've ever read!
    Don't Miss This One!

$4.00+3.49 Shipping At Amazon

4. rbrent

rbrent New Member

Fair Sunshine: Character Studies of the Scottish Covenanters by Jock Purves

This is one of the most beautifully written books I’ve ever read - lyrically beautiful and not a wasted word - about 140 pages.

Tells the true stories of various Scottish heroes and heroines who suffered severe persecutions under the Catholics during the 1600s. [​IMG]

Remember - You will meet these heroes and heroines of the faith when you get to heaven...

Amazon Has This One For $9.99

OR, try eBay or cbd.com

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Life with Martin Luther King by Coretta Scott King will give a refreshing look at King, his faith, his family and his vision.

I grew up very racially prejudiced and was moved to tears more than once reading this book.

6. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Jonathan Edwards: A New Biography by Iain Murray is a compelling account of the life of America's greatest preacher.

7. rbrent

rbrent New Member

Dr. Bob Griffin-

I read PARTING THE WATERS by Taylor Branch, when it came out years ago, about Dr. King and came away from it thinking Dr. King was intelligent and accomplished but with no reason to think he was ever born again.

Does Mrs. King give any indication in her book that MLK was saved and born again or that she is or that other family members are?