1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good church for new convert in England?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Shunamite, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Shunamite

Shunamite New Member

A lady visiting Alabama from England was saved today! Praise the Lord! She had been involved in Scientology--the friend she is visiting had our church praying for weeks that her friend would find salvation and deliverance. The Holy Spirit had prepared her heart so sweetly. Today when I witnessed to her she was crying by the time I even got to the big question of where she would spend eternity. She asked Jesus into her heart and understands He is the only way to God. Our youth pastor met with her this afternoon as followup on her salvation experience and explained believer's baptism. She will be baptized in our church this Sunday as a public profession of her faith. I've promised her I will try to find information on a good church in her area where she can be discipled when she returns home to England. At this time, I do not know specifically the area where her home is, but I will find out tomorrow. Please contact me with advice on how to locate a GREAT church she can get in when she goes home. Thanks for the help BB! [email protected]

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part of England is she from? Think of saying someone is from Florida and is looking for a church. If they live in Key West, churches in Tallahassee or Orlando won't be of much use. St. Ives in Huntingtonshire is a major drive from St. Ives in Cornwall.

3. Shunamite

Shunamite New Member

Yes, thank you kind Sir for your reply! I just spoke further with my new friend. She lives in East Grinstead, Suffex. Hope the specificity helps.

(Edited for privacy reasons)

[ July 30, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Squire Robertsson ]

4. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it does. Not me in particular, I'm an ocean and continent away. But, we do have English members who might be able to help. (FYI, the info you gave was just a little too specific for such a public area as BB, hence my editing of your post.)

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm about 50 miles away. Haven't been able to think of any Baptist Churches actually in East Grinstead, but I know two which are members of the Evangelical Alliance and which should be pretty sound:-

Full Gospel Church - The Parish Halls, De la Warr Road E. Grinstead RH19 3BS

Alternatively, if you think she'd do well at somewhere a bit more charismatic (but not too much if you catch my drift :D ), she could try New Life Church, based at Sackville School, Lewes Rd, E Grinstead RH19 3TY, who are part of New Frontiers International, one of the less wacky house church outfits (who in any event have their HQ a few miles down the road in Brighton).

There are also some good churches in Horsham, which may be a bit far for a commute; will try to find one or two Baptist churches.

Yours in Christ

Matt

6. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Sorry for double-post, but i've found a few Baptist places. There doesn't seem to be one in East Grinstead itself but there are two in nearby Crawley :- http://www.eauk.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=ChurchSearchMoreDetails&ChurchID=17322.0 and http://www.eauk.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=ChurchSearchMoreDetails&ChurchID=15609.0 (which is closer than Horsham)and one to the south towards Brighton in Burgess Hill:- http://www3.mistral.co.uk/mission/portal/churches/bh_bap/index.htm

If you want a hardcore Calvinist Baptist church, I daresay I could find one or two of those in the area too!

Yours in Christ

Matt

7. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, please do post those names. If for no other reasons than completeness and for the record, that way no one can say we're taking sides on the matter (well okay, at least on this one).

8. Shunamite

Shunamite New Member

Thank you Matt! This is a big help. I will share these with my friend and suggest she first check out The New Life Church.

9. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Sorry, Squire. Ask and ye shall receive :D :-

Crawley Baptist Church, West Green Drive, Crawley RH11 7EL

Green Fields Baptist Church, Ashdown Drive, Tilgate, Crawley RH10 6HN

Burgess Hill Baptist Church, Station Road, Burgess Hill, RH15 9EQ

That do?

Yours in Christ

Matt

10. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Here is an IFB church in England. The Pastor is a personal friend of mine, and a former member of my church. There are also links on this site to other IFB churches that might suit.

http://www.emmanuelbaptistchurch.co.uk/

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter