1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good grief

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by idonthavetimeforthis, Jan 6, 2011.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read somebody in his blog type: e god.
    now he may have meant "egad" which I've heard, but he was typing, so maybe he did mean e god ?
    an electronic god ?

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Some of this stuff posted dosen't have a SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN........... FLORIDA!! of ever making the New York Times Morning Edition. :saint: :smilewinkgrin:

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Is this a debate thread? I don't see anything to debate here. Which is fine with me. It's just that I had a thread close just a moment ago because it was said there was nothing to debate in the thread.

I was looking for any debate in this one and in 5 pages found NONE. Yet it is still open.

Hmmmmmm....

4. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

That’s nothing. I just had a thread completely removed, with no explanation.
    (And it was just a harmless, funny story.)

Go figure.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The concept is even much older, going back to the pioneer days when catch-as-catch-can wrestling (CACC; meaning, catch him anyhoo you can) sometimes allowed striking and boxing allowed throws! And according to Wikipedia (of spotty reputation) on "catch wrestling" (another name for CACC), the term "no holds barred" was used by "catch" wrestlers in the late 19th century.

Abe Lincoln was said to have had 200 wrestling matches and only lost one. And I, well I'll have you know that in my junior year of high school my CACC wrestling record (before freestyle entered the high schools) was 2-5-1 (I got one win when the other guy didn't show up.) [​IMG]

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Your 'harmless, funny story' (assuming it was the one I saw a day or so ago) was a backhanded attempt at calling other Christian's Bibles into question. I am glad it was closed quickly.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I am miles and miles from KJVO. I don't like the position. But what rule is broken when someone questions versions on here?

I read the anecdote and did not care for it myself, but if we are going to ban everything we don't care for, then not much is ever going to be posted on here.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

It (the 'anecdote' as you call it) would have been fine posted in the proper section (humor), IMHO.

I personally think the mods do an EXCELLENT job here, and I have been the recipient of their 'ruler to the hands' a time or two. Yeah, it smarts, but it also has helped me think twice before I post.