1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Google Pages - Free Website

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mnw, Dec 14, 2006.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

I have recently been checking out Google's googlepages. They offer a free website with 100mb space. For the serious website builder 100mb would not go far, but for someone wanting a basic web presence this looks ideal.

The template builder works very smoothly.

Having spoke with several missionaries on deputation I have found a lot of interest in their own site but little know how. :) No offense guys. And most pre-made sites are too expensive.

Google pages looks like it would be good for them.

Has anyone else had experiance with it?

2. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Not with Google pages, but from what I've seen they are similar to Yahoo's Geocities.com.

I've had a personal page there for over ten years -- no cost and the page can be created in Word, saved as HTML and uploaded. And, uploading is simplified by Geocities' helpful file management. HTML for Dummies would be a good investment.

Yahoo's 360 pages, set for Public, are also free -- Travelocity has someone using that as an advertising site.

I'm certain you'll hear from others with experience with Google, and perhaps other free sites. It is a good means of communication!

3. gekko

gekko New Member

yes i'm using googlepages for our youth website right now actually.

it is very nice to use. although for putting pictures on the site - i like to make a slide-show using www.slide.com

it seems to be working out very well - it's still under construction of course. questions need to be answered that sorta thing. and testimonies added.

i like it very much. easier than frontpage (or what's that new one coming out?)

i recommend it for anyone who is not willing to pay big bucks for a simple website.

here is the link for our youth website - check it out - and since i use slide.com for pictures (and soon google video for posting the video of last nights youth baptism! praise the Lord!) - i'm using 0mb so far.

http://hillcrestyouth.googlepages.com

God bless!

4. mnw

mnw New Member

Hey Gekko, I like your site. Plenty of good info.

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Great site!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
    That's a lot of info for a free site. How much of the alloted space are you using?
    :thumbsup:

6. Mark Bishop

Mark Bishop New Member

Big bucks?

We're only paying a few dollars a month using www.hostingtruth.net

Free is good though, but I tend to be suspicous of such, as they tend
    to end up with ad space on the site.

perhaps googlepages will be different though.

mark

7. gekko

gekko New Member

currently baptistteacher - i'm using 0mb of 100mb (100mb for this is plenty) - for the youth site.

and there is no ads with googlepages. =P