1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured GOP Changes Its Tune

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, May 8, 2016.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I expected this rejoinder but I thought that it would be posted by someone on the religious left (apologies if that is you). As a mild Calvinist, I believe in total depravity, but I don't know what you believe.

Donald Juan Trump is a megalomaniac in the words of William F. Buckley. And there really is no dispute that Trump is a liar--no one says that he is not a liar.

Yesterday Donald Juan attacked Hillary for enabling Bill's adulteries so the question to Trump's bad campaign manager is who enabled Trump's self-confessed adulteries? Was it just his Dad's money?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Understand completely CMG.

I was shattered when I was made aware that my beloved president JFK reportedly was also guilty of such infractions.

He was president while I served in the military (USAF) and almost all GI's loved him (he was a war hero).

In those days there was no legalized baby murder and I was a Democrat. Today I am independent.

Kennedy was more conservative then than any RINO today (IMO).

But all have sinned.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The human heart is not only deceitful, but deceitful above all things according to the word of God.
    The human heart is not only wicked, but desperately wicked according to the word of God.
    And it's so bad IMO that no one can fully comprehend it of themselves or others without a revelation from God the Holy Spirit.

So in my opinion we ought not to be surprised (and I'm almost certain you are not) when men start slinging their corruption at each other to fulfill their worldly desires driven by the lust of the flesh and the pride of life.

This is a question which you need not publicly answer (and also for everyone else reading these things as well) - a very subjective inquiry:

Which is worse: Hillary (and Bill) or the Donald in the White house?

HankD

#22 HankD, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is worse between two candidates who are the same? I suppose that it depends upon your party affiliation. Donald Juan Trump, for example, can hardly hold Hillary accountable as Bill's enabler in adultery unless Donald Juan Trump says who enabled him in his own adultery.

Both are liars.

Trump is a megalomaniac.

Both are unfit.

We need a third-party candidate to step up and throw this contest between two unfit candidates into the US House of Representatives, as Dr. Thomas Sowell of the Hoover Institute has suggested should be done.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, of course if it were a viable alternative but Trump also has such a magnetic persona that folks IMO would be all the more drawn to him by a third candidate upsetting the traditional method of selecting a president.

Unfortunately we seem to be caught up in the choice between "the lesser of two evils".

So, personally I'm still not sure what to do:

1) Stay home.
    2) Vote for the one whom I see as the lesser of two evils.
    3) Write in a name.
    4) Vote for a 3rd party candidate (if available and the lesser of 3 evils).

HankD

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you are correct that even those who know that Trump is a lying megalomaniac and a narcissist like Obama will still vote for him. He will get half the GOP, apparently. And Hillary will get half the Democrats. So that leaves the disenchanted to try throw the race into the US House from the Electoral College.

I would vote for whosoever would lead a serious third-party challenge. Perhaps Kasich, whose dad was a mailman.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. He also had a terrific sense of humor, when asked to explain how he had come to be a war hero, Kennedy replied, "It was involuntary".

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I agree, Kasich would surely be my choice among the three, of course being human he has his own flesh to contend with.

HankD

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was also intelligent. He would read the newspapers from ten major cities everyday.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted for him in KY's caucus. And I'll vote for Trump over Hillary without hesitation.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Trump over Billary.

HankD

12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just don't see the US House as being a better place to hang one's hopes.

I would also caution anyone hoping for the House to decide things to study the Election of 1824, and how the modern Democratic Party was birthed from Andrew Jackson's supporters being bitter over his loss. Trying to stop Trump in that manner might result in a new Trump Party replacing the Republicans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They should be called the Trumpetarians.

HankD

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A source familiar with Trump’s thinking explained that the billionaire businessman was reluctant to add new layers of policy experts now, feeling it would only muddy his populist message that has been hyperfocused on illegal immigration, trade and fighting Islamic extremists.

“He doesn’t want to waste time on policy and thinks it would make him less effective on the stump,” the Trump source said. “It won’t be until after he is elected but before he’s inaugurated that he will figure out exactly what he is going to do and who he is going to try to hire.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-administration-transition-222944

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I don't think that Trump has enough years left to start a new party. Trump is sort of a white Obama--a liar, a narcissist, a megalomaniac--and a philanderer like JFK and Clinton. Both Trump and Obama are shallow people.

16. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're most likely right. But Andrew Jackson lived a long time with a .70 caliber bullet from a duel lodged in his lung.
    ;)