1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gordon-Conwell on line Masters Degree

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello All:

Good news for many. Gordon-Conwell now has an online Masters. I have not looked at it for content but wanted all to see this asap.

http://info.gordonconwell.edu/onlinemar

Get back to me with your learned opinions.

"That is all!" :applause:

2. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

I was excited to see GCTS offer this low residency (it isn't completely online) MAR because of their stellar reputation for being academically rigorous and I thought it might be good exposure for me to a more diverse faculty.

(BTW, the short, required, residential courses are offered only on the Charlotte campus.)

However, after looking at the curriculum I was quite disappointed. I was hoping, since this is a 60 hour MA, it would be comparable to Reformed Theological Seminary's 60 hour MA offered via their virtual campus. It doesn't appear to be even comparable to RTS's and I think someone looking for a non-MDiv that can be earned primarily online, they would be better off - and much better prepared, going the RTS route.

To use Rhet's phrase.....just my two cents! Probably not worth that!

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not totally online. The program requires "minimal intensive campus residency experiences" (which are not defined). Gordon Conwell is a great school and I'm sure the program will benefit those who can complete it. I do long for the day when these schools realize that such "residency experiences" are outdated and unnecessary.