1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gore Nailed by Inconvenient Truth

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Dec 14, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Admin note; Three threads have been merged into the first one started. Please understand any resulting confusion.
    C4K

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece
    December 15, 2009
    Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up

There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was poleaxed by an inconvenient one yesterday.

The former US Vice-President, who became an unlikely figurehead for the green movement after narrating the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth, became entangled in a new climate change “spin” row.

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: “These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.”

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,” Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.”

#1 carpro, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More global warming lies for the left. Will they stop at nothing?

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.

Too much money to be had.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Embarrassed former VP is forced to admit he lied

,,,,,,,,,In his speech, Gore told the conference: "These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr. [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years."

However, the climatologist whose work Gore was relying upon dropped the former vice president in the water with an icy blast.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Dr. Maslowski said. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."

Gore's office later admitted that the 75 percent figure was one used by Dr. Maslowski as a "ballpark figure" several years ago in a conversation with Gore.

More Here

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I CANNOT believe the world is falling for this joke even with all the evidence - ASTOUNDING ignorance.

These buffoons are making fools out of themselves every day of this assembly of fear mongering lunatics.

And now the bigs guns are rolling into town.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

They have to make it up because there no real facts to back it up.

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Our president is one of the biggest guppies of all. He's dangerous and can do great harm to our nation through this nonsense.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Our whole planet could be under 20 feet of glacier, and these scumbags wouldn't stop.

Watching the circus sideshow at Copenhagen...it would be funny if it wasn't economic blackmail...watching the "poor countries" (most of them are poor because of stupid, corrupt, brain-dead governance) try and blackmail the countries who are less stupid in their decision-making.

Unfortunately, since we have the bow-to-dictators-and-apologizer-in-chief running our country...there's pretty much no limit to what the US will do to pacify these tinhorn dictators and their "global warming concerns" (read: power play, and attempt to ruin the US).

If Obama caves to these buffoons (and who expects him not to?), he's worse than Neville Chamberlain, when Adolf Hitler played him for a fool.

Face it gang...we have a fool for a president.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Nope, it won't, IMO.

These folks aren't concerned about the truth. They'll push their agenda, truth be hanged.

Sorry, but I think it's too late. The damage, IMO, to our freedoms is irreversible.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Climategate goes SERIAL:

Here's more Inconvenient Truth for Al Gore.

Climategate goes SERIAL: now the Russians confirm that UK climate scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming

Climategate just got much, much bigger. And all thanks to the Russians who, with perfect timing, dropped this bombshell just as the world’s leaders are gathering in Copenhagen to discuss ways of carbon-taxing us all back to the dark ages.

CONTINUE

Al and his merry band of conspirators gambled that we were all fools and lost. Wonder how much money he stands to lose on that bet?

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if the corrupt old media in this country will bother to report it.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    man made global warming has been debunked

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how our legislation works, but didn't Hillary Clinton just offer up $100 Billion per year for our part in climate change? What is this? Is it our carbon foot print pay off to smaller countries, or just a guilt offering to them? How can our Gov't just offer billions and trillions without the tax payers agreeing on it? This isn't the representative government I want my tax dollars going to.:BangHead: