1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goshen

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ktn4eg, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

All of my resources indicate that Goshen, the land that Joseph allocated for the children of Israel while they were in Egypt (Gen. 45 - 47), was located in or near the eastern Nile Delta region.

OTOH, Joshua 11:16 states that "...Joshua took...all the land of Goshen...."

Was the Goshen that Joshua took the very same region where the children of Israel lived while in Egypt, or was it some other (basically unidentifable) place in southern Canaan?

2. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A good question to ponder: If Moses led the Children of Israel out of Egypt to live in the land promised to the Israelites, a good land, why would the Children of Israel so soon return to the place of their captivity in Egypt before fully conquering and settling that land promised to them through the patriarchs?

Does your Biblical, archaeological and geographical research indicate any kind of Israelite settlements in the upper Nile delta region of Egypt dating from the time of Josuha? Does the Bible speak of the Israelites waging war with the Egyptians during this time-frame?

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live in Holland
    My ancestors came from Holland

They are two different places.

Same with Goshen... same name, different place.

Rob