1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gosnell is Guilty

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SolaSaint, May 13, 2013.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Planned Parenthood applauded the verdict on Monday, saying in a statement that "The jury has punished Kermit Gosnell for his appalling crimes."

"This verdict will ensure that no woman is victimized by Kermit Gosnell ever again," said Planned Parenthood spokesman Eric Ferrero. "This case has made clear that we must have and enforce laws that protect access to safe and legal abortion, and we must reject misguided laws that would limit women's options and force them to seek treatment from criminals like Kermit Gosnell

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/1...abortion-doctor-kermit-gosnell/#ixzz2TEJMJmK6

Here's Planned Parenthoods response, unbelievable. These guys still champion murder of babies in the face of this conviction. Notice they said nothing about the babies, just the treatment of women.

I pray this catches like wildfire in America and we see many many abortion mills closed and doctors put in jail. Thank You God. :praying:

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Didn't get the opportunity to watch much news yesterday. What coverage on this that I did see promply applied the usual pro-abortion spin.

Gosnell is an example of what will be done, more often, if abortion is banned. ie back ally abortions with coat hangers.

Sometimes I wonder if overturning Roe v Wade would accomplish much of anything these days. Please don't mis-understand. If overturning it saves one child's life, it's worth it.

Just thinking back to the time when I was a teenager and became aware of such things. Birth control pills were fairly new to the market, if memory serves. Weren't even mentioned when we had to sit through a health class film on reproduction in gender segregated classes.

Back then, when I was in high school, there were only a couple of cases where a girl had to visit her "aunt" for a few months. Don't remember even a single case of a shot-gun wedding in our community. Girls who "put out" (phrase used then) were a scandal and were held up by parents as an example NOT to follow.

Over the years, since the early 1960's have watched how society has changed. There are two generations following mine. With the advent of pills, IUD's, and legal abortions, what was considered shameful has become something to be proud of. Single women proudly showing off their "baby bump" in clothing designed to do just that. Remember my Mom and aunts wearing maturnity tops when my baby sis and cousins were born.

My generation is dying out. With that memories of a time with a much different view of marriage and reproduction were the norm are fading away. My great nieces and nephews are seeing a much different world today. Even if Roe v Wade is reversed will it change much of what is happening from their viewpoints? Personally I doubt it.

Morality and value placed on human life just don't mean much anymore. Love of money will create the equivalent of meth labs in neighborhoods. The "war on abortion" will carry on much like the failed war on drugs. Unborn babies will die in far greater numbers than they did before Roe vs Wade. Society has been "conditioned" to view this form of murder as just another convenience in our throw away society.

Just some :tear: thoughts this morning for whatever they're worth.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What Oldtimer said. Glad that Gosnell's been found guilty for at least some of his monstrous crimes.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did he perform partial birth abortions? It seems sickening to realise there are a variety of different methods, but I was appalled at this particular method.......it seems so utterly monstrous, I guess.

6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Guilty is GOOD

Bro.Rick...like yourself I was glad to see this jury find this monster guilty but I don't really think it is going to change much. I say that with sadness but that is the world we live in. The love of MONEY is the root of all evil. You mentioned the word "industry"...and that is just what it is...driven by greed and covetousness.

We can always hope....and continue to fight back at the works of darkness...and so we should. In the midst of all this darkness our mission remains the same as it was in the days of the early church....spread the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world and seek to win as many as possible to Him.

As tragic and wicked as abortion is...the silver lining to this very dark cloud is that EVERY ONE of those precious children is with the Lord. Keep up the fight!

Bro.Greg:saint: