1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gospel Story

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Jarlaxle, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle New Member

Why did God put such importance in believing that Jesus was the Son of God? What is so important about the story of Jesus besides the fact that the story itself says it saves you? Does the belief in the story save us, or is the story telling us how we were / are saved?

~Jarlaxle

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me... Notice telling the story to others cannot ever give eternal life... The written word of God is to feed the sheep the Living Word Of God saved!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

[ August 13, 2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jarlaxle, I have a couple of questions for you; but since you've got your private messaging turned off, and you don't provide an e-mail address in your profile, I'll have to ask them in public. You can private message or e-mail me the answers if you so desire.

First, I mentioned in the other thread you were in (Is it ever right to do wrong?) that your story about the Nazi sounded very familiar, and asked you if you had been reading any literature by Bob Enyart. Just curious to know.

Second, having nothing to do with the first, are you a Baptist? Or attend a Baptist church?

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, and in answer to your topic--what Brother Glen said.

5. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle New Member

I have never heard of Bob Enyart. What is the name of the thread about the Nazi? I have fogotten about it. I went on vacation and just got back. Sorry if there was something there I need to respond to.

If a Baptist is another term for Christian, then I am a Baptist. If not, please define what it means to be a "baptist".

~Jarlaxle

6. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle New Member

oops.. you told me already the name of the thread: (Is it ever right to do wrong) Sorry ;)

Yes, I would trust a man that lied in that situation. However, I would also trust a man that did not. But the man that lied in that situation loses no trust in my book because I think it is the right thing to do. Did I answer your question?

~Jarlaxle

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My question here was only whether you'd heard of Bob Enyart or not. You answered that one.

But you didn't actually answer the one about being a Baptist, did you?

8. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle New Member

If you will define what it means to be a baptist, then I will be able to better answer you. From time to time I attend a congregation with the name "Baptist" on their building sign if that is what you mean. In any case, please define what it means to be a Baptist.

~Jarlaxle

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cultists read the Word and "believe" it and are not saved.

Jesus said that the true worship of God can only come from those who worship in Spirit and in Truth.
    The Spirit of God opens the mind to the Scripture concerning the Gospel, then we are saved, not until.

Minimum, the Spirit of God.
    John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb.

HankD

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jarl, would you care to turn on your private messaging, and allow me to address you that way? (Rather than through public forum for all to see)

11. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle New Member

Ok, I think it is set up now. So what is a "baptist"?

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, sorry; if you look above your message, you should see an icon that looks like 2 people holding hands. You still don't have one, so private messaging isn't turned on yet.

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle New Member

Ok, now its right?

14. Optional

Optional New Member

Well put!