Goths Arrested on Suspicion of Murder and Cannibalism

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by JFox1, Sep 16, 2008.

1. JFox1

JFox1
    Expand Collapse

Eight suspected Satanists, aged 17 to 19, allegedly lured four youths to parties on the forested edge of Yaroslavi, Russia's city limits, before inducing them to drink and then chopping up their bodies. Investigators say each victim was stabbed 666 times.

One of the eight Satanists had spent time in a psychological facility, but was later released. He refused to renounce his beliefs, saying, "Satan will help me avoid responsibility - I've brought him many victims."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...g-and-eating-teenagers-in-Satanic-ritual.html

:eek:

2. Marcia

Marcia
    Expand Collapse

I have an issue with your title that it was Goths who did this. Goths and Satanists are not the same. In fact, the article I read said that the victims were Goths. So it's not Goths who did this horrible thing.

This is about the victims:
    Here is my article on Goths, published about 2 or 3 years ago. I received an incredible response to it from Goths, almost 100% favorable:
    http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_Goth1.html

I also would like to say that these Satanists were clearly their own group - Satanism has no central organization or authority so the groups vary widely. Here in the US, most Satanists do not even believe in Satan as a real being, but more as a symbol.

I think the Satanists in this story were a hardcore group that has been popping up all over Eastern Europe for the past several years. Satanist groups have been reported in those countries quite a bit, something many in the US are not aware of.

3. Matt Black

Matt Black
    Expand Collapse

I agree completely, Marcia. Some 20 years ago I was a Goth and in a Christian Goth band called (don't laugh) The Children of Power (no, stop laughing). I suffered then - as I still do - from depression and myself and my fellow-band-members were dissatisfied with the apparent inability of Christians - particularly the contemporary Christian music scene - to engage with depressives like us, so we decided to write, perform and record our own songs. Musically, I suppose we were similar to The Sisters of Mercy and The Cure, lyrically we took as our style the various Psalms of Dereliction (as the time my favourite was Ps 88!). But we were thoroughly Christian...

[ETA - by coincidence I've also visited Yaroslavl several times. But I didn't eat anyone there. Honest.]

#3 Matt Black, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008