1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gov Palin is definately pro-life

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ajg1959, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

How can the defense of killing babies like depicted here be "one issuse"?

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/pictures_3.html

My question for you is this.....How can you ignore this issue as a christian?

Or even just a "human" for that matter?

AJ

#41 ajg1959, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

So you are saying that the killing of thousands of innocent children is not as important as your view on the economy, or your view on the war, or your view on healthcare?

In other words, "let the children die, as long as I get want I want"

AJ

3. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Because I understand that I will no longer be a one issue voter from what I have saw from my earlier votes. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS THEY ARE AGAINST ABORTION, DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE, OR WILL DO ANYTHING AFTER THEY GET OFFICE. They use this issue to get votes. I will no longer be a one issue voter when I see that nothing is changing.

#43 JerryL, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Refer to #43.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

#43 doesnt mean anything since the president cant do anything but appoint SC justices to overturn R v W.

So, in other words, you are giving in, and not going to support whats biblical because you think it is wasting time?

How can even one second of time trying to save a babies life be considered a waste?

This is a cop out....and you are a cop out.

Man, stand up for what's right no matter what.

AJ

6. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Like I said, just because they say they are against it doesn't mean they really care about it or are going to do any thing.

7. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Well as a matter of FACT I'm not a ONE ISSUE Voter. I have many, but one of the ones that is dear to my heart is this one. ( and I'll be glad to tell you why) And I guess the reason that Jerry L is thinking that we're One issue voters but he might want to check that this THREAD is call "Gov. Palin is definitely pro-life" and maybe that is why were only speaking of this issue.

Now If you want to truly know why I'm pro life. or the way I like to say it Against abortion. It all started with my sister. She was 17 in 1975 would have gotten married before the baby was born (she was engaged to the father) but in that day and time she would have been an embarrassment to my family (my parents words not mine) They told her she would have to have an abortion. She did and her life forever changed. She married this man was having trouble getting pregnant and he wanted children. the marriage ended after 5 years. She's been on a rollercoster ride and hasn't been even close to Christ for most of her adult life. She's on her 4th marriage say's she's happy but he's a drunk who uses her. She's now 50 years old and she aches for this child even after having a daughter with husband #3. Her relationship with our Mother was never right and we lost her 2 years ago so my sister can never get things right. And you are probably saying will you don't know her life would have been if she had had the baby and your right I don't know but neither does everyone else who does this. God placed RULES for us to live by marriage before child birth when the later comes before the first there's going to be trouble. It's just nature. But when you break something you can't take back it makes it worse. And I've seen and know of many women who have had the choice and made it to find out later it was a wrong choice but they have to live with the choice. Plainly put ABORTION BREAKS RELATIONSHIPS.
    Just as Adam and EVE broke there relationship with God. And we know for us there's no getting it back. Fully.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I was pro-choice for a long time (about 20 yrs.) before I was saved. My son was almost aborted -- I actually made an appt. at a women's clinic for an abortion to take place 5 days later. God intervened in a strange way and prevented it (although at the time I thought it was a message from the "universe"). I did not become a believer until 9 yrs. later and when my son was 19, he heard the whole story.

Every time I think of how close I came to killing my own son, it makes me utterly sick.

9. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I Thank You for sharing your story. There are Millions of Lady's and Girls who have made the choice (I'm glad for you it changed) If some of these pro-choice Googled Abortion and found the hundreds of Blogs of stories from girls who's lives have been CRUSHED from them using this choice. Maybe then they would realize how damaging it is.

I realize we all make mistakes we're sinful people Isn't that WHY we NEED CHRIST?? For me it comes down to Boundaries, God set them and if we go against the ones he's set we have to deal with the consequence. (It's our child of God discipline). To much in this World people have had some way of getting out of their discipline and they never learn. Now I'm not saying having a child is discipline but if it's outside of Gods "BEST" for us it's what we need to deal with either care for or put up for adoption. And if it's from rape or incest I'm sorry I'm not saying the girl asked for it or did anything outside of Gods best for her. But I do believe Gods word say's "I HAVE A PLAN FOR YOU" not to harm you but for hope and a future. Do you not think God couldn't turn around the most devastating times in a person's life for good? Well I BELIEVE he CAN.

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

And amazingly, Jerry L, KenH, dragonfly, LeBuick, and others think that the plight of murdered unborn babies and the aftermath left in the lives of the mothers is somehow INSIGNIFICANT.

If these pics were your child or grandchild, how would you feel.

They are not my kin, but I still feel sick at my stomach because I live in a world where this slaughter is accepted.

AJ

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide a quote where I said that abortion is insignficant or else I must ask, as a brother in Christ, that you withdraw the statement.

The other Christians whom you smeared can ask you to withdraw the statement as well. Or you can do the Christian, manly, thing and withdraw the statement toward all of us if you cannot provide proof.

12. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Proof? You have said over and over that the other issues in the election overshadow the issue of abortion. What more proof do I need?

AJ

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never, ever, posted such a thing. Stop bearing false witness about me.

14. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I am not bearing false witness.

You have said over and over that the issues of the war in Iraq and the economy are more important to you than abortion.

AJ

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I haven't.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Ken and I disagree - a LOT!

But I would have to see proof that Ken said Iraq and the economy are more important that abortion.

17. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I dont know how to go back and find previous posts, I am not a computer wiz, but I know that Ken has said many times that there were more important issues than abortion that he based his support of candidates on.

And I think many others on this board have seen the same thing.

AJ

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

All you have to do is find one.

Go to Ken's profile and click on "Find all KenH's posts"

19. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I dont need to do that.....you know as well as I do that Ken has ignored the issue of abortion because of his hatred of Bush and his stance against the war. This is no secret on this board.

He has stated over and over that other issues are the basis of his decision....most recently, he said it was because of the wolves being killed in Alaska.

The babies being killed dont matter, but the wolves are a deciding issue?

AJ

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I have written, AJ, is that all issues go into the pot together - abortion, homosexual marriage, health care, defense, foreign policy, taxes, social programs, etc., etc. etc.

I do not have a priority list where, for instance, if a candidate disagrees on the first issue on the list then I no longer consider that candidate. I have plenty of reason not to support Governor Palin regardless of the wolves issue - for instance, with John McCain's age there is higher than the normal possibility that he could die in office and Sarah Palin would become president. I don't know what her foreign policy views are; however, I did read several months ago from someone who approves of President Bush's foreign policy that he was a huge fan of Sarah Palin. I do not want a continuation of President Bush's foreign policy. Also, for instance, where does she stand on health care? I don't believe that our current system is sustainable and I want more government involvement in making sure that everyone is covered. I doubt that would be Sarah Palin's position.

Simply because a candidate is pro-life is not sufficient reason alone for me to support him/her.

#60 KenH, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008