1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Government Gone Amok!!! City Manager Set for Life???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 13, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at this article regarding the proposed annual pay and benefit schedule of our new city manager. This is why our taxes are out-of-sight!

I am outraged, and you should be too, as this man will one day retire from city service and receive an annual retirement benefit at, or near this same amount.

SEE: http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...riverside-council-weighs-city-manager-pay.ece

IMHO, no one is worth this kind of money, no one! :BangHead: It is because of local, county and state governments paying this kind of wages to its top people that the average worker in the civil-service system is being hammered for having to generous a retirement package.

Again, my annual retirement package (after 16 years in state government work) is a little more than $20,000.00. My fellow state employees, when they retire, will not make six figures in retirement pay, but we will be clumped into the same group as this man (see above story) and blamed for ripping off the state taxpayers. :tear:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. billwald

billwald New Member

Sheriff is an elected position. If he quit the special election would probably cost more than the pay.

Anyway, what's the complaint? He worked for his pension. It is deferred compensation. Would you complain if he took a different job? Retired people should not work?