1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Government Says We Shouldn't Tell Children Right From Wrong

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by following-Him, Feb 27, 2009.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Government is becoming more evil every day.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

To polluted and corrupted minds that probably makes sense. Don't teach morality to your children. Just let them decide for themselves what is right for them. Teach them how to have sex; provide protection but don't say anything about the possible consequences of having sex before marriage. After all, we don't want them to feel guilty about anything do we? :laugh:

4. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

This is the most vile, godless, morally destitute government we have probably ever had. The sooner we can kick this lot out, the better.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sure, don''t tell them right from wrong, let them chose whats right and wrong for them, and see how that works in court when their 'right' is illegal.
    This is what the world is coming too, and it will only get worse.

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Just so folks caught it, this is the UK government, not america. But these UK ideals are what our dems are about.

I chose this quote because it highlights the moral depravity to which a government may sink. If anyone tried to have an "in-depth sex education" talk with my five year old I would hire a lawyer and sue them.

But the bottom line is that if this style of thinking makes it way into American law, then it is an immoral law, contrary to the Law of God and natural law. No citizen would be commiting lawless to disregard, disobey, and openly resist such law.

By the grace of Almighty God and in the Name of Jesus Christ I do commit by His grace to resist all such immorality using any means necessary to safeguard the innocence of my children. I refuse to allow my children to be subjected to such wicked immorality.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't think what governement it is matters, it's the morals at work in the world currently, and we've seen it to a lesser degree here already.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

I guess President Obama is responsible for what happens in the United Kingdom. :laugh:

9. billwald

billwald New Member

And "told" has no legal significance.

10. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I don't like Obama, don't agree with him on most everything...

But on this one you are correct. What happens in the UK is...well, the UK.

lol

11. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm afraid we have another 15 months of this sorry lot. Counting the days...

12. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

That might not be about America, but the American government is against parents' rights in raising their own children and want to tell them how to do it, what they can and cannot do, and what they can and cannot teach their children. It's already happening here; they're just more subtle about it so that we don't notice our rights being taken gradually away.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

While I agree it is evil, vile and something I will not subject my children to...at the same time this is exciting! How much closer we are getting each day to Christ's return and a TRUE government...Theocracy!

I pray that before the governement ever gets to my kids (3 and 1), we will all be taking a family vacation at the speed of a twinkling of an eye!

14. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Remind me not to move to the UK. Their government is a mess!

:(

15. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nay, brother, tis a shambles!

16. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel for all of you in the UK. Unfortunately, the government here in the US is getting more corrupt every day, too.

17. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

That is, unfortunately, very true. We are fast approaching the days spoken of in the Bible when people call evil good and good evil, or are we already there?