1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Government Workers and Union Members Get Special Favors

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Anything you gained by collective bargaining with your employer is yours - fair and square - but you're not entitled to anything else just because you were a union worker - also fair and square.

The "evil rich" are the ones with capital to invest that creates jobs - something the government has never been able to do and never will. Or, if you were a public servant and a union employee, then you always are indebted to the taxpayers who provided your job - the one you didn't own but for which you provided skills - and a lot of those were wealthy.

The wealthy pay much more than their "fair share" of taxes, my friend, but it's the progressive tax structure that's unfair.

No man, rich or poor, carries anything to the grave with him except the riches he has stored up in heaven. The greatest or smallness of that reward has nothing to do with how rich or poor you were but more to do with how you used whatever - great or small- that God blessed you with during your time on earth.

Many a rich man has done great things for others less wealthy than he and sometimes only as charity not even for work in return.

If you believe otherwise you may be suffering for wealth envy - wishing you were rich instead of someone else and thinking if you're not then neither should they. The lust for money - not the possession of it - is the sin and many poor people suffer from that sin although, for sure, the Bible makes it clear it is very difficult for a rich man.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

>The "evil rich" are the ones with capital to invest that creates jobs - something the government has never been able to do and never will.

I hire a kid to mow my lawn and the city hires a guy to mow the lawn in front of city hall. The economic principles are the same.

> if you were a public servant and a union employee, then you always are indebted to the taxpayers who provided your job -

No, the city needed my services and I wanted the job. I traded my time for money and benefits. It is an economic principle that when this sort of trade is made, when any trade is made, both parties at least think that they are gaining something.

> the one you didn't own but for which you provided skills

Why would I want to own a job? I'm not sure I understand the concept of owning a job. If I own a job . . . in reality, the job owns me? Please explain.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yeah, you've got it right!. The city owned the job and you owned the skills. You give them your skills and they give you the job. Money is the commodity that's exchanged. That's what I've said many times on this board.

But if the city didn't have a job for you there might not have been one for you. The employers provide the jobs. Thank God for them - their wealth and their profits - that continue to provide gainful employment. Thank God also for those who can actually do the work.

But you didn't earn anything more than what was agreed to when you took the job. You didn't earn the right to get special treatment from the government because you were a union worker. That wasn't in the agreement. It's being forced upon the rest of now. That's the part that's wrong with the closed door Obama deal!

Remember, the liar said it would be open and seen on C-SPAN! Right!

#43 Dragoon68, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010