1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gov't takeover of healthcare: Passes 60-39

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Dec 24, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Suprise, surprise.

Republican senator Jim Bunning was absent. (hope he had a good excuse!)

Goodbye, freedom...it was nice knowin' ya.

Goodbye, disposable income...I hardly knew ya.

Hey, now that the government is in control of my healthcare...are they going to plan my menus? Tell me what vitamins to take?

And can I chip in a bit extra for a headstone for the babies my money will murder?

I've never been as disgusted with my leaders as I am now. I cannot remember a time I was less proud of my country than right now. If there were a Pledge of Allegiance, I doubt I could recite it. I would first have to make it past tense..."And to the republic for which it stood."

There are some scumbags that oughta be in jail this morning.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Here's an excellent article: What Patients & Doctors Lose Under Obamacare: STORY

From the article:

So these scumbags have the gall to say, "We cannot be appealed or sued, no matter how egregious our offenses." Remember the Tuskegee Syphillis experiment? Where black Americans were not treated, but that info was withheld? Under these new rules, victims like that would have no recourse.

The more I see of this, the madder I get. Can we just go ahead and start the treason trials?

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I believe these new bills are unconstitutional, I don't believe this is the government take over of healthcare. It is just the first step. This bill will fail to do what they hope it will do and then the second step will come. The only way to stop this from happening is to stop voting for Democrats and Republicans who believe in big government. That means 98% of the elected officials in D.C. need to be unemployed at the next election. We need elected officials who believe and obey the constitution (even with disagreements among themselves). As long as we keep electing the same Democrats and Republicans the second step is guaranteed to happen.

O, btw, all these Republicans saying they are outraged are doing nothing but fooling the voters. If the Republicans gained control of both houses of congress and the Presidency next week, they would do nothing to undo this first step in government controlled healthcare. They would only "fix" it to make it more "conservative". And, no doubt, Sean Hannity would be cheering them all the way.

It is time for conservatives and Republicans to wake up. We are being lied to by the majority of Republicans in D.C.. They don't believe in small government, they only believe in their political power.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Bunning has basically been forced from the party. It is understandable that he doesn't choose to cooperate with his colleagues.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

What do you suppose, if one of the 3rd parties had been in the Republican's spot, that they would have opposed this in a more virtuous and constitutional manner?