1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Govt Turns a Blind Eye

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Jan 19, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. billwald

billwald New Member

The government can't even enforce the speed limit on the freeways. How can the government be expected to enforce any law? I forgot, most Americans don't want speed limits enforced.

3. targus

targus New Member

Could that be due to all the union cops that are content to just hide in the bottom of the briar patch - sitting it out until they can collect their retirement?

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I interviewed this retired State Trooper (Sgt James Eagan) on the radio about traffic tickets. One point he brought out is, "What makes cops tick" He wrote an interesting book. A Speeders Guide to Avoiding Speeding Tickets

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "One point he brought out is, "What makes cops tick" He wrote an interesting book."

A whole book on donuts - who would a thunk it. :tongue3:

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Targus - you ever intentionally exceed the speed limit? Do you know what "limit" means?

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill, have you ever read a book such as the one I referenced? What are your thoughts about such a book.

My basic opinion - that I tell folks in my driving class is that if OJ could skip out on a murder charge, I am not too worried about a speeding conditions -under "normal conditions" ie Drinking, collision, injury, ect would not be "excused"
    Here in NY, you can write a letter to the DA and request your charge (speeding or otherwise) to be down graded or even dismissed (even if you know you are guilty). Often the court will abide by the decision of the DA. Normally the court will require the individual to attend a safe driving course (many of my students picked up my broceur at the court house). Note: one charge they will reduce a speeding ticket to is a "1101" which basically says - "its against the law to break the law" But by using this chapter, you no longer have a moving violation and thus no points or is it reported to your insurance company.