1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace and discipleship

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by nunatak, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you believe the following:

6. We believe that in order to enter into the millennial Kingdom age and reign with Christ, a chosen disciple must be qualified in this age by suffering faithfully (Mt. 5:10-12; Lk. 9:62; 2 Thes. 1:5; 2 Tim. 2:11-12; Acts 14:22; Rev. 20:4-6).

http://www.1-heart.org/statement_of_faith.htm

2. HisWordIsTruth

HisWordIsTruth New Member

Really? How is it that you haven't been banned. This sure sounds like you support Millennial Exclusion to me.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, pathetic...and not, it's not hilarious. It's sad. This seems to be a game to you. Why not go troll on a board that your welcome at? There has got to be a board somewhere you James Newmann, Hope of Glory, Lacy Evans, etc. hang out to get their fix of heresy.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you believe the following:

6. We believe that in order to enter into the millennial Kingdom age and reign with Christ, a chosen disciple must be qualified in this age by suffering faithfully (Mt. 5:10-12; Lk. 9:62; 2 Thes. 1:5; 2 Tim. 2:11-12; Acts 14:22; Rev. 20:4-6).

http://www.1-heart.org/statement_of_faith.htm

5. HisWordIsTruth

Well it's late here in America and I've got to work tomorrow, so it's time for bed. I guess that makes me Jason Jump because I've got a job and I've got to sleep :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You guys were a hoot. You really did provide me with some "free" entertainment tonight. Thanks!

6. standingfirminChrist

If he answers truthfully, it will be a surprise. But, I expect he will use more evasive nonsense rather than admit who he is and what he believes.

Notice he still refuses to answer the question if he believes that some of the saved will be cast into outer darkness. (I use outer darkness rather than hell, because Jump would tell you that hell and outer darkness were not the same. That is why he answered they won't spend 1,000 years in hell.)

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. That is why I used his words from his site

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I just read HWIT's posts in the Politics thread, and it's JJump alright.

I remember him arguing that it was wrong to vote when he was listed as JJump way back when.

9. standingfirminChrist

HWIT is also using keywords JJump used such as "sanctifying faith" and 'piece of the puzzie' or 'part of the puzzle.'

I am sure there are many other keywords that give him away.

But HWIT, if he is honest, cannot deny that it is more than coincidence that he, J. Jump, and SeekingHisTruth are one in the same with practically the same signature and from the same church... WBC - Woodridge Baptist Church.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the same sof between two of them in his profile

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Why does he keep coming back and thinking he won't be found out?

Creepy.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way jason I am sorry to learn of your sons condition:

http://www.1-heart.org/news.htm

May God be with him and your family.

13. standingfirminChrist

It's called rebellion. He will not submit to the authority of the BB Administrators. They ban him, he'll prove they have no power over him. He just comes back under a different alias.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is good to know. Now I can assume you understand Greek and know how to use the Greek text. So maybe we can have some serious discussion about the text.

I compare the text and apparatus of the UBS 3, UBS 4 rev. ed. , NA26, NA 27, GRAMCORD, & TR texts.

15. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I fully agree that salvation is based solely on the completed work of Jesus Christ, and that we are not saved as a result of any works of ours. However, I must repeat that thew gaoler was told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. He was not told that he would be saved if He believed that someone called Jesus of Nazareth existed. Certainly, as Jesus Himself said, there will be many who will call Him "Lord" to whom He will say, "Depart from Me." But believing on the Lord Jesus Christ includes believing that He is our Lord. In case I have misunderstood you, perhaps you could explain what you understand by those words, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ."

16. HisWordIsTruth

Finally someone that wants to deal with the "issue at hand" instead of playing games :).

Thanks David.

By the way if you will go back and re-read my posts (minus the witch hunt responses) you will see that I never said that someone was saved just because they believed Jesus of Nazareth existed.

That is the argument that folks use for us that believe in what folks refer to as "cheap" grace. Grace is not cheap as it cost the Lamb of God His life and well as great suffering.

There are a lot of people that believe a Jewish man named Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago. That "faith" will not save! And no one that I know that promotes the Truth of believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved has ever said that. There may be some, but I don't know of any and I certainly don't believe that to be true.

Faith has to be in what the Lord Jesus did on our behalf as sinners. If we believe we are a sinner and in need of a Savior and believe that the Lord Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood on our behalf then we are saved. It's that plain and simple. I don't know why folks want to complicate matters.

17. standingfirminChrist

If one believes without repenting, one will not be saved. Repentance is necessary.

Revelation 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Repentance and faith toward God are necessary for Salvation. As I showed by Scripture, confession is also necessary.

Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

A person can believe in Christ, but if they are unashamed of Him, if they are unwilling to proclaim Him before men, they will not enter Heaven.

18. HisWordIsTruth

Then you have no other option but to say Paul lied in Acts 16 and Ephesians 2, because not only did he not say anything about repentance, he didn't even allude to repentance in either of those statements.

Why can't we not believe what the Bible says? It says BELIEVE. Why do you try and argue against the very Word of God standingfirm?

Look again at what Ephesians 2 says:

For by grace you have been saved through faith;

NOT A SINGLE MENTION of confession or repentance or anything else baptism, whatever you would like to add to the mix.

They were saved by faith standingfirm. Do where does it say anything about them confessing or repenting. It was faith that saved them because of God's grace.

We can either believe that or not.

19. standingfirminChrist

No, Scripture tells us what is necessary. Apparently you have a hard time understanding Scripture.

20. standingfirminChrist

Repent and repentance are found 47 times in the KJV.

Do actually think they were put there just to fill up space?

Jesus said 'Except ye repent...'
    Christ said that He did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Jesus demands repentance. If you are not repentant, you cannot be saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.