1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Grace, Grace - Marvelous Grace!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Jan 14, 2014.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here are two contrasting statements. One understands Grace, one does not.

2. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

You people are hilarious [​IMG] Yes, after a well-deserved rest ... Rolf is back on the job!

Gal 5:
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law;
    you have fallen from grace.
    5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
    6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

Yup, salvation depends on all kinds of stuff ... here 'tis faith working through love!

Butski, maybe later they'll become unestranged and unfallen and have faith workin' through love!

I iz weary of listin' all of the stuff ... and all of the warnings as well.
    Dream on in yer delusions, kiddies! ... Deceived by Satan and yer churches!

#22 evangelist-7, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You make this way too easy!

What a perfect reference of scripture to support my OP. Love it! But what happens when one is void of understanding Grace? We see scripture which emphasizes God's Grace is NOT of yourselves, NOT of works, referenced as though it never said anything about Grace. Not surprising though, for we know that Satan hates Grace and will do whatever he can to deceive people so they cannot see and understand God's Grace.

Jesus said,Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Children can and do understand Grace, to the shame of many.

Galatians 5 emphasizes that anyone who adds any self performance to God's Grace, has fallen from Grace. Thus, the very one here teaching against God's Grace is the one who would be in violation of Galatians 5.

Excellent set up! Keep em coming, makes for great teaching opportunity :thumbs:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace and works are opposed to each other.

5. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Grasping at more straws!

11:6 is in the middle of several verses about Israel's rejection not being total nor final.

But, yes, the initial bestowing of God's grace to a few people has nothing to do with any of their works!

But, after that, it's a different story!
    E.G. what do think all of this "testing" is about?
    Oh yes, I forgot ... rewards again already (no, I'm not Jewish)!

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 11:6 is what is called a "timeless truth."
    The truth doesn't change no matter what context is put in.

It is like John 3:16. Though this famous and oft-quoted verse is right in the middle of a conversation between Nicodemus and Jesus, that doesn't matter. It is a timeless truth. So is John 3:3, "You must be born again." We can forget about the conversation. You must be born again. That is a fact.

Grace and works are opposed to each other. Never the twain shall meet.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And then we have the Word of God, and thank God we do so false teaching can be easily rebuked!

Gal5:1 - "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Gal5:4 - "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace."

Gal5:5 - "For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

Stand fast brethren! Do not let false teachers destroy your faith in Christ. If anyone adds self performance to their quest for Christ, Christ is become of no effect unto you, ye are fallen from Grace. "For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith!" Key verse! As you can see, Paul isolated faith, no works added. I trust most of us will pay attention to the details.

8. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Shore, but where do I start?

The verse says they do not have the hope of righteousness yet.
    The verse says they are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
    The verse says they are hoping for righteousness.
    The verse says their hope of getting righteousness is only through the Spirit (which might happen).
    The verse says their hope of getting righteousness is only through faith (which must continue).
    And many other permutations and combinations of considerations.

Thou hast been demoted back to Kindergarden for further training in righteousness.

#28 evangelist-7, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that does NOT refer at all to a Chrsitian losing salvation, for IN CONTEX, Apostle stating that if one already saved by Grace tries to get spiritual due to acts of keeping the law fully, THAT is falling from grace!

They are still saved, but NOT walking in the Grace, nor abiding in chrsit, thru the Spirit!

Bible states Jesus death atoned for ALL my sins, forever secured by him, does yours read that jesus died to bring you up to date, and God puts you on probabtionary period, and will judge you in end to see if you 'stayed in thefaith?"

10. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yes, "all of your sins" up to the point of receiving God's free gift of grace-faith,
    butski ... NOT "all of your sins" after that point.

Since you last appeared here, more verses have popped up
    ... to the great chagrin of the greatly-deceived OSASers ...

Proverbs 28:13
    “He who covers his sins will not prosper,
    but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.”

1 John 1:7-10, 2:1
    “But IF we walk in the light as He is in the light,
    we have fellowship with one another, and
    the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    IF we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
    to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
    My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.
    And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Caution:
    It is necessary to understand the English language to fully appreciate the above.

Butski, instead of confessing/repenting of your sins ...
    thou mayest just keep slithering your way through life,
    muttering: “I will not surely die! Satan promised me!”

Now, how about you (or someone else) give all of us a great big hearty laugh
    by saying, "But the 1 John passage was not referring to Christians!"
    Yes, we've heard that one before by OSASers, but another laugh would be welcome,
    even though he/she might be correct ... for t'was written to little children.

#30 evangelist-7, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    After you work and succeed on understanding the word "Grace", then we can move on to having you understand the word "Hope" as used in the bible.

But for those here who have graduated from understanding Grace, the bible teaches us that the children of God have a "know so Hope" and not a "hope so Hope". So it is not "I really hope I become righteous", but rather....

"My hope is built on nothing less
    Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
    I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
    But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name."

E7 is hoping he (self works) is good enough for salvation someday. We who understand Grace have hope IN the righteousness which is by faith(in Jesus Christ), apart from the Law.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, the bible states that I have right NOW the mind of Chrsit, sitting in the heavens with him right NOW, and that I am the very of Jesus before God right NOW!
    Are we all perfected yet, in the sense that we are right now just as Jesus was in deeds/actions/thoughts?

NO, but we will be one day, as a contiuning process, ended when we see Him as he now is!

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: