1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

graphics/picture manipulation

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by HeDied4U, Nov 7, 2002.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey y'all, you've helped me out in the past and I'm hoping and praying you can help me out again.

I have a couple of pictures and a few graphics I need to enlarge. My computer can do it, but to get it to the size I want, the individual pixels (for lack of a better term) show as big squares.

Do any of you know of any online sites that can enlarge graphics or pics, and still retain some of the original quality.

Many, many thanks in advance, and as always, God Bless!!!

Adam :cool: [​IMG]

p.s. the one pic I'm most interested in measures in at 400 X 243. Ideally, I'd love to double its size.

On Eagles WIngs

2. Dualhunter

Dualhunter New Member

You're probably going to need the source of the image so that you can recreate (i.e. rescan it if you scanned it) the image at a higher resolution.

3. LindaB

LindaB New Member

Hi
    Photos and most graphics cannot be resized bigger, they will always lose the resolution (pixel things)
    you do need to rescan it larger then reduce to the size you need.
    the other option is to keep the size of the photo but add a background to it to make it usable..depends on what you need it for..
    drop me an email i will be happy to help you out
    Linda
    ChristianGraphicDesign.com

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

One option that is very easy, and usually acceptable (depending on the picture, and the purpose for enlarging) is to enlarge it as you have done, then use a paint program that has a "blur" or "soften" effect to smooth out the blockiness that was the result of enlarging.