1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Great educational video every Christian should see!!!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Benjamin, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Despite the efforts of those who would attempt to hide the truth.

…The origins which brought a doctrine against the “free will” of God’s creatures?

Great educational video every Christian should see!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhLF-llpFX0

Did Paul agree with Clement on free will?

Php 4:3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

What did Clement say? (about 6 minutes in).

All these following guys from the early church wrong about free will?

How about Ignatius? à Disciple of John?

Irenaeus à Polycarp à John? Close connection there, eh???

Justin Martyr?

Tertullian?

Methodius? Note to self: Got to get some of these quotes (Irenaeus too) down in text! (He called the denial of free will as coming from pagans, BTW???)

Eusebius? His account of history correct? (Seems many, like myself, see free will as good and consistent with God’s nature in His design of the world!) (Anyone hear what he said about those who hang all things on fate (determinism)???:eek: Whoa!!!)

Origen? Harsh words there about doctrines which deny human nature to have free will, hmm?

Should we NOT look beyond Augustine to what the early church father’s believed???

For 300 hundred years + after Christ the church maintained free will according to Episcopius. Is this true?

How about the “accusation” from Calvinist that a belief in free will goes back to Pelagians, yet all the church fathers held the free will view? Hmm? Were they all Pelagians??? Anyone that believes in free will is a Pelagian? How many times I heard that accusation... :sleep:

Who were the Gnostics, what did they believe??? Gnostic roots applicable?

? Does this apply to situation: Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Augustine à Manichaean à Gnostic roots?

When and how did men lose free will? Does the Bible show this? What this doctrine merely come from Augustine’s gnostic doctrinal roots leading to his doctrine of original sin? “The faculty of free will is never taken away…” ~ Origen Did sin take away any of the natural powers given him? If so, when? When Augustine came along???

Does God not speak to men as free moral agents after the fall of men? (Deut 11:26-28, Joshua 24:15, Jer 21:8, Eze 18:30-31, Acts 17:30)

Where did Augustine learn from???

What were Augustine’s methods which he used to bring his doctrine into the church???

Propagation? "Gal 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." ?

Did this leaven start coming in about 500 years after the church?

Augustine (many false doctrines) àß Calvin/Luther (foundation of some false doctrines on human nature & Free will) àß Protestant Realm = What are the ROOTS???

When and why did Augustine join the Manichaean sect??? :eek:Should this (the revival of Augustinianism) NOT BE A WARNINGS to us?!

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Yes!!! Forever - Amen!

:saint:

#1 Benjamin, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
  2. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG]

3. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG]

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pro 14:22
    (22) Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

Joh 3:16
    (16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 1:9
    (9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

1Jn 1:5-10
    (5) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
    (6) If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    (7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    (8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    (9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    (10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Psa 40:9-15
    (9) I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
    (10) I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
    (11) Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
    (12) For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
    (13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
    (14) Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
    (15) Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

:praying:

:wavey: