1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Greek Grammars and Helps

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by John of Japan, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have BDF (the first one you mentioned, though you left out the translator, Funk). Of the more advanced grammars, I have Robertson (who doesn't?), Wallace (of course!), and BDF (why not?). I can't afford much more than that right now. Nor do I care for more.

I do have Mounce's Morphology of Biblical Greek, but I'd be lying if I said I had read it.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I did not “leave out” the translator, Robert W. Funk, but provided this information about him from the publisher,

Robert W. Funk, in translating this long-established classic, has also revised it and, in doing so, has incorporated the notes which Professor Debrunner had prepared for a new German edition on which he was working at the time of his death in 1958. Dr. Funk has also had the co-operation of leading British, Continental, and American scholars. The translation places in the hands of English-speaking students a book that belongs in their libraries and in the libraries of every theologian, philologist and pastor alongside the Gingrich-Danker Greek-English Lexicon.

3. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Meant in the citation. But no biggie.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks much for these reviews. I've always thought it would be good to have Blass & Debrunner, but never got around to it.